Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 11-28-2013, 08:38 PM

Oh Jan, That is terrible. Hope you can get better soon. Wish I could do something besides send you good, healing thoughts!
Old 11-29-2013, 07:23 AM

wish I could personally tie her to a bed or a lounger chair with a hot pad and not let her up. Yup that is what I wish for but when her back did get better.. Jaba would kick my rear in good. Yikes. And I amnot sure but think she bites too. not going to find out so instead I will pile in with the rest of the good wishes for you Jaba. And your lucky bill is so helpful. I would be eating burnt scrambled eggs nightly. and the pans oh my we would run out of them for lack of WASHING them after you use them thing.

I had a lovely heart burn central dinner it went well and I am glad its over now. Too much food for one silly dinner. What a concept! eat til you feel rotten. I didn't even have big plate it was the gravy which did me in. I love gravy. guess it doesn't love me as much. I gifted all the turkey and extras to my guest and to my neighbors who were home going to eat canned food for dinner. I figure share the wealth and the heartburn lol. I am making a small pot of turkey soup with small bit I kept for tonight and then that is the end of it. phew! not sure I will make one again. I could see a pot luck meal but not doing all that work.. I haven't been to a pot luck in I cant tell you. A nice table set up with choices pick the three you like the most and be done with it lol.

I am working on Jabas quilt center today again. I think I finished all the blocks I had cut and am going to be.. four short. oh joy back to the cutting board again. how I miscounted.. dunno. sure hate when I do that however. you get all excited! yipeee almost done. and then its a trick! more to go still.

ok last night we are talking at the table.. sharing life stories and I start with mine. I start out by saying how healthy I have been in the past.. and how I knew I was not going to get sick til I was 70! my guest then interrupts me and says YOUR 70! I would have thought you were 60! ok my dh is staring hard at his taters, smirking, I kick him think should kick the guest too.. and just smile and say no no not 70. I didn't share I am 52. sheesh. I need facial lotion fix right away. Oil of Olay! to the rescue! lol. kinda funny though the things people say. good thing I dont look 70 yet.. sigh.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:56 AM

Sounds like your Thanksgiving was interesting indeed miss brat! I better buy you a couple of bottles of Oil of Olay.....how funny, poor man didn't even know he inserted his foot in his mouth, you are so nice!! Great day here actually, I sat in the chair most of the time with the hot pad and didn't feel bad at all. Bill and the kids did it all and I mean all of it, right down to the clean up. Pretty nice just sitting and talking to the grandkids, little Aspen was coloring pictures just for me so I'd feel better. She is a little blonde, blue eyed girly girl and to top it off they all made sure mine wine glass was full at all times. No wonder I didn't feel bad I must have slept like a rock cause I still feel good today. Maybe it's on the mend, hopefully.
Old 11-29-2013, 08:26 AM

back in the chair you go missy back on the pad. rest maybe is the key and heck its FRIDAY get out that wine glass! you can have that too! and Bills off see it works perfectly YOU sit and allow yourself to heal, Bill will get you wine and bring you food.. this could work truly it could
Old 11-29-2013, 08:27 AM

ps I think I need a vat of oil of olay to turn this old face around
Old 12-01-2013, 01:46 PM

ok I think I did it. I am positive once I post the picture here of Jabas round I will see the mistake. It happened the last two times I have posted so surely why not this time too? crossing fingers, crossing toes.. and ready for a nice cold beer. I am done sweating this one! Teresa yours is next but I must hit the store to pick up a bit of something to go with it.. nothing is going to be 'right' with my stash unless I went 100 percent scrappy which I don't enjoy doing terrifically much so thinking of picking up that blue again in your center.. any preference? [ATTACH=CONFIG]449499[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 1458530_742497879097714_510916432_n.jpg  
Old 12-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Power Poster

sounds good to me.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:55 PM

OMG brat, that looks wonderful! I saw some of your little squares in person but not all put together. You did great! I truly love what you did. Thank you ever ever so much. I'm getting excited to get this quilt back in my little hands and get it quilted.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:23 PM

Hello all. I have received Sandy's red/white quilt, hope to get started next weekend. Mom leaves on wednesday, and then I can have my sewing room back and get back to my projects. I think I need a vacation to recover my sanity, though.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:43 AM

I think you have been terrific so far with moms visit. I love visits and then love love my time alone again. I get lonely but most of the time I am so happy with silence. No tv, no music nothing just me and sewing and the cats. Plenty of company. Today I am going shopping. I need some fabric for Tlambings quilt not sure which way I should go with the colors the blue is talking to me but still waiting to hear from Teresa to find out which way she thinks is best at this point. I can go with the rust like color in there if she wants but whooooo whoooo Teresa lets hear your vote please.