Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 01-24-2014, 05:46 AM

J can't say why, but this quilt makes me think of a lovely white layer cake with delicate pink frosting. So delicious.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:43 AM

thank you my friends Genavieve will be arriving within a month she says 2 to 4 weeks she has to let her boss know she is taking time off and he will not be thrilled. She is so depressed lately and worried about my being here for future grandkids and I think seeing me doing ok will be a good thing for her. I am truly happy.

Miriam, what do you think might look good as a replacement round on your quilt? any ideas or suggestion are welcome. I want it to come out pretty. No clue what went through my mind when I did that its out of proportion for the the quilt itself. sigh I am making mistakes what a shock! will fix it though. You gifted me all of you with a lovely quilt I owe it to you to do the same back.

and Sandys quilt does look like a cake a valentines day cake!

I am so glad to be putting on the last round on my round robin with dragonfly. Its been here for two months sitting mostly as I pondered what to do. There was this spectacular applique round before mine and well hard to come up against that and win. but think what I am doing is working rather well and nexus might even be happy with it. I did black/green checkerboard squares turned on point set with black so they sorta .. float? think it works pretty good. I could see a row of yellow again after this and she will be done. its a very big quilt as her center was on point to begin with .. its 58 inches before I add my 6 inch round.. which is 9 inches as its on point. so this is growing rather fast I think

no snow, lovely weather think we hit 48 today maybe even 50 but with winds its a fantasy 50 I think still lovely and I will take lovely in a heart beat. such a weather wuzz I know. lol. last test stress test checking arteries and I am finished with the guinea pig part of this whole thing. I don't look forward to this test it makes you feel pretty sick but in a way I look forward (warped me) as well its the last test soon as I do it I am DONE. this I can handle completely. there are like 20 tests you have to do so its nice to get them over. no more electric things glued to your boobs! oh sorry chest. I meant chest.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:16 AM

Brat it's ok I am making this top 110" by 100" give or take to fit our king size bed. I can't wait to see your border it sounds gorgeous

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
thank you my friends Genavieve will be arriving within a month she says 2 to 4 weeks she has to let her boss know she is taking time off and he will not be thrilled. She is so depressed lately and worried about my being here for future grandkids and I think seeing me doing ok will be a good thing for her. I am truly happy.

Miriam, what do you think might look good as a replacement round on your quilt? any ideas or suggestion are welcome. I want it to come out pretty. No clue what went through my mind when I did that its out of proportion for the the quilt itself. sigh I am making mistakes what a shock! will fix it though. You gifted me all of you with a lovely quilt I owe it to you to do the same back.

and Sandys quilt does look like a cake a valentines day cake!

I am so glad to be putting on the last round on my round robin with dragonfly. Its been here for two months sitting mostly as I pondered what to do. There was this spectacular applique round before mine and well hard to come up against that and win. but think what I am doing is working rather well and nexus might even be happy with it. I did black/green checkerboard squares turned on point set with black so they sorta .. float? think it works pretty good. I could see a row of yellow again after this and she will be done. its a very big quilt as her center was on point to begin with .. its 58 inches before I add my 6 inch round.. which is 9 inches as its on point. so this is growing rather fast I think

no snow, lovely weather think we hit 48 today maybe even 50 but with winds its a fantasy 50 I think still lovely and I will take lovely in a heart beat. such a weather wuzz I know. lol. last test stress test checking arteries and I am finished with the guinea pig part of this whole thing. I don't look forward to this test it makes you feel pretty sick but in a way I look forward (warped me) as well its the last test soon as I do it I am DONE. this I can handle completely. there are like 20 tests you have to do so its nice to get them over. no more electric things glued to your boobs! oh sorry chest. I meant chest.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:37 PM

Brat, I think your blue quilt turned out great and so happy to hear your good news. I will PM you the tracking number as I mailed off the package today!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:20 PM

Where's the pic so we can all see it?
Old 01-25-2014, 05:23 AM

sandy posted her pic is that the pic you wanted to see Jan?

I sent on to lana my round for nexxus without a pic .. took me an hour rolling cat hair off front and back of it I did not want to get any air hair landing on that quilt top. I wanted to send it out as clean as I could seriously wanted a pic couldn't figure how to do that without risking a cat hair yikes! cant do that! should get it by Wed next week and hopefully she will post in our round robin the photos for me got to work on Miriams tomorrow then the medallion quilt along on Monday. busy weekend to be sure!
Old 01-25-2014, 04:01 PM

I love and appreciate you sooooo much brat. Mom will take a picture of it and either her or I will post a picture of it. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
sandy posted her pic is that the pic you wanted to see Jan?

I sent on to lana my round for nexxus without a pic .. took me an hour rolling cat hair off front and back of it I did not want to get any air hair landing on that quilt top. I wanted to send it out as clean as I could seriously wanted a pic couldn't figure how to do that without risking a cat hair yikes! cant do that! should get it by Wed next week and hopefully she will post in our round robin the photos for me got to work on Miriams tomorrow then the medallion quilt along on Monday. busy weekend to be sure!
Old 01-30-2014, 07:35 AM

TRF's brat changed her round and I got it back last night. It measures 50 x 50 right now so am thinking what to put on for my round. It will be coming home soon..[ATTACH=CONFIG]459462[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf1866.jpg  
Old 01-30-2014, 08:11 AM

Updated pics of Miriam's quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]459463[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photos-roadrunners.jpg  
Old 01-30-2014, 04:13 PM

My goodness, you really did change your round Brat! I can see the FMQ requirements for this will be intricate. Thank you ALL for being so creative and amazing. Jaba, the ball is in your court now, but no pressure, hee hee.