Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 12-09-2013, 08:24 AM

Our thread has sure been quiet lately. TRF, have you found your sanity yet??? Brat, when you have a free minute or two, please send me the fabric to finish your quilt. I think you said you wanted me to use it. Still not sure what I will do but am ready to get started on it. If I see how much fabric you have, then I will know what direction to jump. Hopefully this week, I plan to fulfill your request Brat, to get the tute (if one wants to call it that) on how I recycle all my scraps etc. plus a few non-quilting related things but all involve sewing. We have our little tree up and I made my token pan of fudge to give for gifts. Good thing we can give some of it away. It makes tons plus some will go in the freezer. My sewing machine is back and I am ready to sew up a storm with the weather being so cold. Hope all of you are doing well and enjoying the holidays!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:43 PM

Yep, my sanity is slowly returning. My eyes have had a slow time recovering from the surgeries, so sewing is still very slow. It is all I can do to get through the work day before I have to seriously rest them. New glasses in a couple of weeks, so I hope it will improve then. Thankfully I pushed myself to finish most of my Christmas projects before november, so that pressure is not so great. (Well, expect for the matching sweatshirts I decided yesterday to make for the 4 grandkids, with quilted initials !) Next weekend is holiday with the in-laws in S.C., then the weekend after Christmas is holiday with our kids in Boston. DH is working Christmas day, so I will be sewing to my hearts content.
I hope all of you have warm fuzzy celebrations , heart-warming memories and more blessings that could ever be counted. I know I count each of you among mine ! Happy holidays and a big hug to you all, my quilting sisters.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:51 PM

Same from me twinriverfarms, back to all of you. Can't say it any better than that. Sandy I mailed packages for Linda today and one was addressed to you, so fabric is on the way.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:06 PM

Oh, Jaba, I love your "girly" center.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:14 PM

Thank you EvelynJ, I think I'm going to love it too.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:26 PM

Jaba, thanks for letting me know package is on the way. I will let Brat know when it arrives so she won't worry.
Old 12-12-2013, 05:09 AM

Hey group sorry I have been sorta outta here for a few days.. lol I still have a blasted cold and haven't felt half way up to par lately. I figure it has to end at some point. Its a theory of mine. so I guess I wait it out (like I had a plan b?).. Sandy you should have your envelope perhaps? it has my fabric and a few scraps nothing like sharing the wealth.

I am not ready for Christmas, I have come to the conclusion its here just too fast this year (I know it jumped out at you just like it did me.. days days days then boom right here in your lap waiting for you to catch up)..I am not excited to do much of anything so sad.. I want to nap and then when I am done a nap would be lovely I still do not have ornaments up and truthfully feel rather Grinch like and perhaps they would be less stressful if I just put them all away and pretended Christmas skipped this year? egad. Yesterday whipped up a batch of candied pecans and cranberry pistachio biscotti. I am making white chocolate apricot brandy biscotti hopefully tomorrow then they can go in the mail to the kidlets and momma bear is done. oh yeah made a huge batch of taco seasoning to send to the kids they all love to make those and its nice to have a jar of it in your cupboard when the mood hits besides its one of two dishes my dear almost daughter in law Caroline can cook. she cooks kilbase and ricearoni and she makes tacos. branched out this year on those lol.. if you have any other home seasonings you suggest that don't require much thinking on her part let me know.. she got really frustrated trying to roast a chicken and wants me to come show her how to cook. I was thinking of sending pancake mix for them too with my syrup.. maybe that isn't too hard.. add an egg and water? maybe not sure though.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:58 PM

I should get the package tomorrow with Brat's fabric so that I can get my round done on her top. In the meantime, I made my little posting of how I recycle and posted it here.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...c-t236667.html

If you have a few minutes, check it out. Hope everyone is enjoying the season. Brat, you must be a wonderful cool. Everything you mention you 'whip up' makes me hungry!
Old 12-16-2013, 10:28 AM

Sandy got my fabric, Teresa did you get your envelope??

I made a killer hummus yesterday. I thought I wont like this but well half a can of garbanzo beans not much else to do with it. Turns out it was super. I used a bit of olive oil, juice of half a lemon, 1/4 tsp of cumin, large pinch of red pepper, salt pepper and oh yes three huge garlic cloves. blended it up, then added bad me, 1/4 cup of parmesean cheese.. topped it with smoked paprika. I thought ok, give it a try.. (I have had that premade hummus in the market and did not enjoy it at all).. it was delicious. nothing like that stuff. why didn't I know this before? recommended highly. got it off allrecipes.com but added the cheese to umph it up a bit. now to stay away from it. but I don't want too!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 10:49 AM

I haven't received anything yet Brat. I will keep an eye out. I still have Mariam's RWB to get done, but thats all I have at the moment. Hope I'm not holding things up. The end of the year is super busy for us, with people all wanting to use up insurance benefits.

I really need to make sure I have Christmas all done by November 1st (but I say that every year)

I'll let you know when I receive anything Brat.