Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 08-23-2013, 06:34 PM

Default brat's center

[ATTACH=CONFIG]431883[/ATTACH]Linda this is beautiful!!! We can make up 1/2" for you, oh my she's going to love this. You did awesome sister!!!
Attached Thumbnails p1010279.jpg  
Old 08-23-2013, 07:15 PM

thanks for posting for me Jan I was trying to find a solution to my not posting ability here so far no luck I hope she does its not very special other than the fabric is awesome I am buying more no doubt about it.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:15 PM

Linda, Wow! it is beautiful. I have some Asian fabric stashed somewhere so by the time yours comes to me, I will see if any of it is compatible and has some blue and silver in it. Good going!
Old 08-24-2013, 04:24 AM

it doesn't have to be Asian per say even china plate fabric in blue white is good I think. .. its such a rich fabric mixing it with some blenders and a bit of whatever I send along and it will be perfect I am sure I am thinking blenders/tone on tone.. not into solids so please skip those if you can or use them sparingly. I will send a note with it so no worries. lets see who gets this lovely from me.. its Sandy right? off to check my own darned list!
Old 08-24-2013, 07:02 AM

It's me brat! At least that's what my list says. You guys told me not to hyperventilate, but....I'm feeling a wee bit faint! I'm sure after I get to "practice" on yours brat I'll feel much better your center is beautiful. Can wait to touch it. I have block of the week this morning, the to finish off my center, and a UFO/dinner with the ladies. Hoping to finish my Kaffe and get a good deal of my table runner done tonight. It's a quiltn' day
Old 08-24-2013, 07:54 AM

Great job! Too bad I love my DH so much, or I would ask to become your DIL myself, just to get a quilt out of that fabric! Well, divorce is just too expensive, I have my DH all trained now, and I have not even met your son, so I will graciously let him keep his girl AND her quilt. drool...drool...drool...
Old 08-24-2013, 02:12 PM

your overly kind ladies and sandy when in doubt.. add a nice simple sashing border lol..

ok I bought another .5 yrds of the fabrics. how about if I send one for each alternate round? the first two can go in the packet as it fits for one cost the others I can send to your homes.. I would much love to have some of this in each round it is just too.. pretty not to. Wish I could send more but well.. its a skinny world of quilting budgets here so I will hope it works out. one row without it is ok if its a sashing row but if its a block row I would love some even a quarter amount of it in each row to keep the theme.. if it was just a blue white no issue but this is so specific that I think it would look .. like something was missing otherwise I can buy more next month but this was it for now... have at it ladies!
Old 08-24-2013, 02:13 PM

not to be the quilting board ... lady of the evening .. but twin rivers maybe your hubby would take two wives??? you have the farm I have the .. me.. could work. lol.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:06 PM

Well Brat, I told him about your proposal. When I told him that you were the lady who made the Frog Pond quilt, he seemed interested. But I reminded him that 2 quilting wives did not mean more good meals and clean laundry, just larger fabric stashes and getting neglected twice. He thinks we are all out of control and wacky. Smart man.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:00 PM

Teresa, I feel your 'faint' and I promise to do a better job on everyone else's borders than I did on my center. If I would have had more time, I 'might' have tried making another one but it is wrapped up and ready to go out in the mail on Monday...for better or worse. Linda, I think sending around the fabric that you want in alternating borders will make you one happy camper and ease some of our trepidation filled minds. :-) Miriam, I laughed out loud when you mentioned to your DH the pitfalls of having more than one quilter in a house. And..now I just wait to get your (Miriam)block and instructions. Exciting.