Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 08-22-2013, 04:31 PM

I think I'd be calling the company and ask for a new one. 5 times? seems you got a lemon, don't you think? Hope they are covering this with a warrantee (sp) but what happens when they don't? I feel for you truly , just makes you angry or it would me.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:20 PM

Today was the first time the machine acted for them the way it acts for me. And, yes I've been in contact with the company. This is their last chance to fix it. If its not, they are to give me another. But of course all of the attachments I've purchased only fit that machine. I sure hope she's good to go. Yes, it's under warranty!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
No need to hyperventilate tlambing, take a deep breath, you quilt beautifully. I'm 67, married for 17 years so far. I have 2 grown sons and hubby has 2 sons and 1 daughter. We're a combined family and all the kids get along great which is a blessing. I am retired and loving it, owned grocery stores when I was working. Hubby retired once, then decided to go back to work but he will be 62 in Dec., so he's saying he will be done this time....we'll see, he always finds something to do, me, I just go and sew...
Here is the center I think I'm going to send. Want a nice soft "girly one" this time for some reason. I have plenty of the print fabric and will send a half yard or yard with it and when someone runs out and needs it just let me know and I will mail you more. It's such a soft print I think it will need some of it on at least some of the rounds.[ATTACH=CONFIG]430459[/ATTACH]
Jaba, I like your block; what is the name?
Old 08-22-2013, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
Today was the first time the machine acted for them the way it acts for me. And, yes I've been in contact with the company. This is their last chance to fix it. If its not, they are to give me another. But of course all of the attachments I've purchased only fit that machine. I sure hope she's good to go. Yes, it's under warranty!
Maybe they'll get it fixed then, that's always a plus actually when you take something in and it will act the same way. Had a pickup once that wouldn't start or then it would and I'd get about 15 miles from the house and it quit. Sit there and wait for 30 minutes and down the road it went. Finally after 4 times to the shop they found this little tiny defective fuse....
Sewfine I will have to look and see if I can find it again. Made one of these in a boom swap I think and this one I just made bigger. It's just squares and 1/2 square triangles. Just the placement makes the difference.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:02 PM

Hi friends, I got my problem resolved..(just read the directions that were in a different place) so hopefully I will get it finished and ready to mail out on Monday (to Le Brat!). I will be sure and post a picture when it is finished and on it's way. Looking forward to getting package in the mail of my first round challenge.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:19 AM

Well for some reason I cant seem to find my 'hustle'. Where did it go? Did I leave it at your place Jan? I want to sew but getting up and doing it.. tougher each day. I want to.. rest most of the time. I think its time to kick up the caffeine and bite the big bullet. I have so many projects my head spins. I love/hate that. Yesterday I accomplished dialysis, napping, the market and dinner.. that was it. I see the counters.. clean me. put things away they say. I see the sewing table and then I see... the couch. guess who wins? I have visions of completing one block and one mug rug thingy tomorrow. Its a big goal these days. Then I have: a wall hanging, a maybe runner, three round robins and I wonder if my brain is screwed on right? Jan, don't let me sign up for more right now. oh ok I did the Halloween thing but after that lock my sign up button for a while! oh no! I defrosted raspberries so tomorrow morning first thing is jam making then sewing. oh dear. I need to not go anywhere on Sunday and Monday and just work on the house and sewing. oh dear in deed. sigh.. and here it is 2:20 in the morning and sleep is for those other people. not a good start!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:32 AM

Thanks Jaba.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:56 PM

I am finished with my center. It is not the best job in the world but will do for now. I think overall, it will be fine. Some of my 'points' don't match and that is my fault for picking a design with no directions. But I can live with it and since it will be a quilt for me, it will match my body...not perfect. :-) I will get it in the mail to you on Monday Elisabrat. We have plenty of time and you do not have to mail this out until October 15th so please, please don't feel rushed! I would rather you recoup your strength and be well than get frustrated. Moving is hard and then you jumped right in to a lot of swaps. I know we all want you and your wonderful sense of humor around for a long time so please take it easy for a bit. The fabric and projects are not going anywhere. Okay...here is my picture and it sure shows the errors but like I said...:-) Anxiously awaiting the one I will need to work on from Miriam.
Attached Thumbnails 8-23-large-.jpg  
Old 08-23-2013, 04:23 PM

Lookin' good Sandy, it will be a very pretty red and white quilt.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:28 PM

I have seriously unpefect days. In FACT I finished my center, no pattern either just a block I saw and tried to enlarge.. this is where trouble starts see my math abilities are well not high up there on the real life scale and I could not figure how to make a five row quilt measure up with 4st's so I had to cut down blocks then I sewed them together. except I was at 20.5 inches. argh pirates so I sew on a 2.25 inch border on each side thinking I would get 24.5 but tada I blew it again.. 24" so long story short I am sending a center that is .5 inches too small so the person receiving it now has a 5" round to do and I am very sorry I am so frustrated I don't know how my brain did not either measure right the first time, second time or tada the third time. We all have those not perfect days Sandy. Its all good in the end. My quilt is a blue and white and silver quilt fabric by Robert Kaufman pattern is IMPERIAL its really pretty Asian fabric. reminded me of .. china plates and since its for my son's girl I am calling it "China Doll" as she is so pretty and so emotionally delicate.. Please use the colors in the fabrics only and once you see the pic let me know if you think I should send a yard of fabric with it of one of the three I used in case you would like to toss some more in as you go I think its a good idea myself so that some of the silver in it comes out in other rounds too.. Jan is posting so as soon as she can it will be one here yahoo!