Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 >

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Old 10-25-2013, 06:54 AM

Good morning all, Brat...you aren't alone with being behind. I tlambing's and yours that are calling my name. I have an idea of what I want to do for hers but may run it by all of you to get your opinions first. T..thanks for the names of foliage. I have heard of a ginkgo but don't think they grow in Zone 4. Never heard of hopseed before. I like things that change colors in the fall. One day I will have an autumn-colored quilt but for now, still on my bucket list. Off to see what I can do toward getting my idea for T's block transferred into fabric so you all can see it.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:47 AM

No sewing for me today, it's elk cutting and packaging for me! Bill is deboning , brings me the pieces, then I slice and dice, put it through the cuber, package in plastic wrap, then paper and label. Think he might have the easiest job I better fix this, he can do all the clean up. Sounds good to me. Have a great day all will check in later.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:44 AM

Jan was still working on things that had started early in the day when I spoke to her late in the day with more to do after that.. I was worn out just hearing about her day. I hope girl you sleep in and get some rest after that. That is a long time on your feet .. way too long. Your back does not thank you but maybe come this cold long winter your belly will say it makes up for it. I am willing to TRY your elk.. (you should see that crooked look to my face when I wrote that).. I am such a wuzz. I didn't like deer much at all. (understatement) and I like most things truly ok not octopus either so I am sitting here going.. uh um.. Jan laughs at me and thinks I am nuts. so I will feed her black licorice and uh stuff like that while I chew on the elk.

I was very successful on the tractors yesterday I have them all done but the corner stones. I am thinking I want a square with the tiny square in the corner as that is in the center picture.. so I will just enlarge it a bit I wanted to mention that I had been on google and did a search for round robin quilts. then I went to images. You will be amazed at the hundreds that show up.. some are row robins but its still a good example of what you can do. What stuck out to me the very most was the fact a whole lot of them had one busy row one almost plain row and it really truly made the quilts stand out more. So if you get a quilt and are stumped its ok to do something very simple maybe a strip with a corner stone or a small applique *only if your good at applique.. but check it out and see if I am wrong. I ran this by Jan and she agreed it helped make things stand out better without over working a quilt with busy busy....

so that is the grand advice of the day google it and stand backin awe.. and bet you will try this again yes I do...
Old 10-30-2013, 01:51 PM

Hi fellow road runners...although in my case, I have been staying home. I have finally decided what to do on Teresa's block and it involves paper piecing but if I figured it out correctly, when I get each side done, it should fit perfectly! My finger is almost healed up...almost... and at least I can type gently and don't haveto wear rubber goves to do dishes. So it might take me a week or more to get the paper piecing done. Sun/Mon I will be at a quilt event. Sunday afternoon, I have to give a talk on recycling with fabric and sewing things ( I am adding a few other things in to make it last longer) and then we do a bed-turning with quilts. Monday we have a lesson on how to make a braid quilt by a lady from Jackson, Wyoming. Hope to have several rows of it finished by Monday afternoon so later in the coming week, I will post pic of my progress. So...who has my red and white block??? Just curious. Jan, hope you are doing better and anxious to hear your good news. Have neighbors coming for supper so better send this off. Making chicken enchiladas, cole slaw, carrot cake and egg nog ice cream. You all are welcome to come over too, LOL!..I made lots.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:25 PM

It's me Sandy! I've got yours. If all goes well, I should have a pic this wknd for your ok Moved my son out last Friday and have moved my sewing stuff into his room. It's an organized mess at this point, but it's beautiful. Funny how empty everywhere else looks. (had things crammed everywhere) I can actually see the top of my dresser!
Old 10-30-2013, 04:45 PM

Was exhausted when I got home last night, went to bed at 7 and didn't get up until almost 7 this morning. That's a record for me. Good news is no surgery right now. Have to take medication, enough to choke a horse, doc says no pushing, pulling, lifting or bending for the next 6-8 weeks. Gees, asked him if I could get dressed and he said very carefully. Told me to stay on chair or bed rest, okay sewing chair will work. Set up physical therapy this morning, 4 times a week for 6 weeks, great....can hardly wait. I go back to see him Dec. 10th and then he will evaluate more. Interviewed a cleaning lady today, don't know for sure on this one but will give her a try. Hopefully at least my house will be dusted and vacuumed and the bathrooms clean, if not I'll be a raging bull and going nuts. So far the medication is making me feel a little oozy and light headed and very tired. Hope it gets better as my system gets use to it. What ever it does, I just want it to do the job and get rid of this ache and pain, so praying his plan of attack will work. Thanks all of you for all your good thoughts, it is much appreciated. Thank heavens most of the sewing is done for the swaps, just have a round robin to work on. I have this feeling it may be in small spurts of energy, we will see.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:16 PM

Jan, so glad to hear no surgery in near future. Hope the P.T. and taking things easy for a while will do the trick. Teresa, I like surprises so if you just want to do mine and then show me and everyone else, I will love it. Anticipation is the most fun to me. :-)
Old 10-30-2013, 09:20 PM

That's awesome Sandy. I will forge ahead. ��
Old 10-31-2013, 02:31 AM

Jan, I hope you take things slowly and heal in body and spirit. I think we should all come out there and pamper both you and Brat for a spell. Hey, maybe we should combine strengths to sew as a team. You can sit at the machine and sew, I can iron (had cataract surgery monday, can't see too well yet), Linda can cut our fabrics, Teresa can pick and match colors and Sandy can cook goodies. OK, maybe we will skip to the goodies. Anyway, don't worry about the dust bunnies, your recovery is more important, my dear.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:33 AM

Thanks for the good thoughts and wishes. Physical therapy started yesterday, sore today but have until Monday to recoup. Then every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, hopefully it will help and get that sciatic nerve back to where it's suppose to be. Going to work on the tractors today and see what I can come up with.