Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Roaming Rounds >

Roaming Rounds

Roaming Rounds

Old 10-22-2011, 12:46 PM

Woohoo look at my little man.Very nice. Thanks Carole.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:24 PM

Hello all, just want an opinion before I really get started.
Here's the cornerstone for 3"round, will be blanketstitching in a gold colored thread, was also considering the musty pink and cream/gold piping, but open to any and all suggestions.This little centre certainly knows want it doesn't want!!2 pics following, one of cornerstone not sewn yet, and other of cornerstone at top of what I am considering ,but not quite certain yet.

cornerstone
[ATTACH=CONFIG]276114[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-276061.jpe   attachment-276062.jpe  
Old 10-23-2011, 03:40 PM

Looking in from Pass the block..... I really love all your centers and what youv'e done with them, good luck and can't wait to see more...
Old 10-23-2011, 04:06 PM

Love the mottled pink fabric your auditioning Linda. Hope this centre starts behaving itself sooner rather than later :lol:

That narrow border to frame off the original centre is also fabulous.

Thanks for posting a photo

Maybe1day
Old 10-24-2011, 01:49 AM

yes, i LOVE it!!!! (wishing it was mine!!) heehee...

very nice linda... it's going to be a stunner!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-24-2011, 08:42 AM

It looks good Lindy!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:45 PM

Donna I have some ideas swimming around for your centre when it arrives. Could you tell me what the name of the fabric range is so I can start looking? Would like to be prepared ready to go when it makes it here. My LQS is an hour away but they do have a lovely range of Asian fabrics which means it will be my first point of call when next I am down there (which should be Wednesday).

Thanks
Kathleen
Old 10-24-2011, 03:31 PM

Ladies I have just been re reading the threads (that is what happens when one gets up at 5.20am and everyone is still asleep) to see if I a) I have missed anything or b) there is anything new?
Jacquie was reading that you have been doodling ideas; this is just what I do as well although sometimes my doodled ideas don’t match with the reality of actually piecing them as the last round of the previous IRR attested. Was awfully late sending the last one back home?
I am sitting here this morning with a cup of hot chocolate and a nice biscuit (don’t want to spoil my breakfast you know). We are in mid spring and while it was beginning to warm up I am glad I didn’t take any of the quilts off the beds as this past weekend has seen a new cold front come in bringing quite cold temps with it again. Has only been 14/15C during the day lately.
As I sit here tapping away on the keyboard I hear it has started raining again. Thank goodness the sheep are penned up under shelter as they are going to be shorn today; would hate to have to go through the whole process of letting them out of their confines then catching them all another day.
No sewing going on down here at present, plenty of cleaning, dusting and reorganizing in DH’s shed though. Poor man he couldn’t cope when he discovered I was cleaning in his shed and had to come see what I was actually throwing out only to discover I was working on re organizing my canning shelves. Need to have everything in order for the new season as all my berry vines are in flower/fruit as are all the fruit trees this year. The veggie garden isn’t looking too bad either.
Jacquie I was looking at the border you just finished and was wondering if the triangle/ floral with solid centre triangle is part of a star?
Oops here stirring noises from the bedroom so better go DH will be out looking for his breakfast soon, have fun ladies
Cheers
Kathleen :P
Old 10-24-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
Donna I have some ideas swimming around for your centre when it arrives. Could you tell me what the name of the fabric range is so I can start looking? Would like to be prepared ready to go when it makes it here. My LQS is an hour away but they do have a lovely range of Asian fabrics which means it will be my first point of call when next I am down there (which should be Wednesday).

Thanks
Kathleen
This is going to sound dumb.....I don't know what a "fabric range is". Along the selvedge is says "Dancing Cranes" and The Alexander Henry Fabrics Collection. I hope that helps.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:22 PM

Not at all Donna, that is exactly what I am after.

Usually when a fabric is released it is released along with a collection (range) of other fabrics which also complement the main design. Makes it quite easy to follow a theme when this is the case.

Thanks
Maybe1day