Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Roaming Rounds >

Roaming Rounds

Roaming Rounds

Old 12-04-2011, 05:53 PM

Hi Linda,

I haven't seen any recent pics of your little marching man, sorry. Maybe one will be posted soon now you have asked?
Sorry to hear you have had "parent issues" well know what these are like myself having been required to go over to my parents place and help out there when various things have occurred with them that they need help with.

It is such a challenge working on tops which are quite different to what you would normally be working on particularly when it is either darker, paler or maybe might be a colour you don't usually like. At the same time it is also satisfying when you produce something that you are happy with and others like under these circumstances to.

Maybe1day
Old 12-05-2011, 02:39 PM

Linda:

I thought that I had taken a photo of your center before I sent it to Jacquie. I will have to go through my photo cards. If I can't find it, I'm sure that Jacquie will post a photo for us. With this new board, things keep coming and going for me on here.

Blessings!
Carole
Old 12-06-2011, 04:24 AM

I found them, I found them..... la, la, la, la,la......YEA! I hope you like the additions.

Blessings!
Caroled
Attached Thumbnails p1170383.jpg   p1170384.jpg  
Old 12-06-2011, 11:25 AM

ok... wanting your opinions here...

i was looking through my fabrics and found this cute batik which i thought would make a nice border for our soldier here... with cornerstones...
what do you think???
Attached Thumbnails soldier-audition-fabric.jpg  
Old 12-06-2011, 11:29 AM

it's just a fabric audition, and throwing ideas around... this or maybe a piano key border...
tick tock, tick tock.. the mind is going mad! (can you hear the cogs rotating??? lol...)
Old 12-06-2011, 06:32 PM

I really like that blue border...maybe even with a white X on the corner stones? Gee..this isn't my round but my cogs were turning too!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:21 AM

i thought as there are stars & crosses, the swirls were fun, and would help soften the center a little. i have an idea for the corner stones that will tie in with the theme...
this one isn't due until april, 'sew' i can digest my thoughts a bit more...

ps, isn't it funny how adding another border of colour changes a piece! changing the look... (comparing the 2 pics of the top)
it's great to watch a top transform before your eyes!!

Last edited by jacquie; 12-07-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 AM

I like the blue border fabric and think corner stones are needed to tie back to the center. It will look terrific!!! I am always amazed at the transformation the centers take as each of us add a border. This one really looks good so far!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 06:41 AM

Ok...this new forum is not on my like list recently. I also keep loosing the thread. There has been a lot posted since I recieved any notifications. That soldier boy is looking good, I love the swirls and the blue.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:20 AM

Mine either...I think this new forum is harder to use!!! I just always type in the search box when the home page comes up Roaming Rounds and it will take you right to the thread...that is the only way I can keep up with the thread. Good Luck...hope everyone is ready for Christmas...I only have about three things to just put the finishing touches on...I have completed 22 quilts since the middle of May and I work full time!!! It has been great to have a sewing shop where I can work and then get up and walk away and come back when I have time...so even 30 minutes can be productive.