Roaming Rounds >

Roaming Rounds

Roaming Rounds

Old 12-08-2011, 01:51 PM

I really, really, really, really want to see my center....pleeeeese
Old 12-16-2011, 03:58 PM

Smile

Hi Ladies,

Seems we must all be busy busy with Christmas Holiday preps. I was although now am busy preparing for a funeral next week which one of the groups I belong to in our community is catering for. Not what I had planned on doing but there you go, the best laid plans of men and mice (or something like that)?

Am no where near prepared for Christmas which means I will be running around in a flap after next Wednesday for sure. Have not even completed my Christmas projects in relation to gifts I had intended giving this year. Oh well there is always next year and I may just be saying come January - I have a head start.

How are all these centres coming along at the moment or are we all in limbo while we concentrate on the comming holidays? I am certainly at a stand still although I have bought the material I had in mind for the centre in hand so I can get right to work on it in the New Year.

Cheers
Old 12-16-2011, 04:48 PM

Update on the centers.... I don't have one at the moment. I will get the next one from Kay and it belongs to Maybe1day. Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings!
Carole
Old 12-16-2011, 11:25 PM

i have linda's toy soldier, which i will be keeping here until march (unless jodie is ready for it to be sent before that!)
jodie has 2 others that i sent onto her previously.
i need to run, off to work!
love jacquie xxx
Old 12-17-2011, 02:09 AM

Gosh these centres sure are getting around quite quickly, did every one want a break over the "Holidays"?

Wish I was having a break but it doesn't look like happening. Haven't stopped all day having been baking mini quiches for the funeral on Wednesday. I currently have 4 dozen of them in the freezer as a result. Doesn't seem like much but I really haven't stopped all day. Shall be making a couple of pizza slabs tomorrow which I will partially cook then freeze to be fully cooked on Wednesday. Will divide the slabs in 1/3rds then into smaller triangles. Just adds to the finger foods.

Still to finish making my Christmas gifts and at this time am not sure I will actually finish them this year at all. DH tells me I am going to be chained to the sewing machine tomorrow, isn't that sweet of him?

There goes the timer so had better get up and back to work.

Cheers
Old 12-17-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Maybe1day View Post
Gosh these centres sure are getting around quite quickly, did every one want a break over the "Holidays"?

Wish I was having a break but it doesn't look like happening. Haven't stopped all day having been baking mini quiches for the funeral on Wednesday. I currently have 4 dozen of them in the freezer as a result. Doesn't seem like much but I really haven't stopped all day. Shall be making a couple of pizza slabs tomorrow which I will partially cook then freeze to be fully cooked on Wednesday. Will divide the slabs in 1/3rds then into smaller triangles. Just adds to the finger foods.

Still to finish making my Christmas gifts and at this time am not sure I will actually finish them this year at all. DH tells me I am going to be chained to the sewing machine tomorrow, isn't that sweet of him?

There goes the timer so had better get up and back to work.

Cheers
You really are amazing!! Try to take care of yourself!!

Blessings!
Carole
Old 12-17-2011, 11:27 AM

Merry Christmas Everyone! I have plenty of time to work on Christmas because I have no center to work on and no Boom Blocks to do! So Merry Christmas to me too!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:18 AM

Hello girls, I have two centers, Carole's which is finished just waiting on the mailing date in January. I also have Kay's that I have not started on. Still have a while so i'm going to wait on it. Have been getting ready for Christmas with the kids and grandkids so I also like everyone else have been busy finishing up last minute projects.

Wishing everyone a very "Merry Christmas"
Old 12-19-2011, 12:01 PM

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays which ever you like best!!! I am not done with Christmas gifts either...I think I bite off more than I can chew, but will keep on keeping on and see how far I get. My husband and I have 8 grown children between the two of us...He has 5...4 girls and 1 boy...I have 3 boys all grown and we have 12 grandchildren all together. I have made quilts or throws for all of mine this year and 2 of his. Last count I had completed 18 since the middle of May so I am staying quite busy...now keep in mind this does not include all the 44 baby quilts or the 5 quilts for my sister-in-law to give to her grandchildren...table runners...wall hangings or blocks, rows, borders etc for the board. AND I work full time. Don't know where I find the time, but we all do what we want to do...I will burn some midnight oil as well getting things finished, but I will get there. We will have Christmas dinner at our house this year at least 3 times...since all the family can not get there at the same time and yes I do all the cooking...my husband does smoke the ham, but other than that I do it all PLUS his idea of decorating is taking a two foot tree out of a bag and sitting it on the table. Every room in my house will be decorated. At last count I will put up 7 trees! The bad part about all of this is my DH could care less so it is not as much fun as it would be if he liked it as much as I do and would help even just a little bit.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and enjoys their family and ALWAYS remember the reason for the season and try to take that wonderful warm feeling with you throughout the whole year.

Kay
Old 12-19-2011, 03:09 PM

Oh my Goodness Kay! you are a busy lass. I think I am busy now however am sure that I was even busier when I worked full time and the kids were little tykes as I felt a need to be 'superwoman" ! I am sure all mothers feel this over whelming need to be everywhere and everything to everyone ( I know I sure did) and on top of this there was just so much that I myself wanted to do. Of course being organized was the key to this flurry of activity and now for some reason I am not quite as organized as I used to be since retiring. Oh well, I get there in the end.

I love Christmas, it is my favourite time of the year next to Spring. I particularly love to decorate the house and the tree, make lots of goodies/treats for family, friends and just to share etc. so I am in awe of your 7 tree's oh my goodness! if I but had one. Our tree along with all the decorations remain packed somewhere in the deep dark recesses of the shed however next Christmas I shall be in my house and unpacked so with any luck I will be joining you in the decoration stakes. Like your DH mine is not as into it so I usually do most of it although he will help by putting up the things that I can not reach, particularly now that I have limited use of one arm. I am lucky as well in that our DD still lives at home and I know she will help me if I ask her to.

I was already feeling tired Kay, now I am feeling much more so having read what you have been up to and are about to be up to. Enjoy your dinners with the families, great fun. By the way, don't forget we want to see pictures of your new sewing shop. I like the name "Kay's Haven" if that helps.

Cheers
Kathleen