Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sad shape of My Sewing Area >

Sad shape of My Sewing Area

Sad shape of My Sewing Area

Old 01-12-2010, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
I took the pictures of "before" but haven't posted yet, I am afraid that after posting them, it still won't be enough of an incentive to start organizing and cleaning... some day!
Mine are posted on Webshots. Those pics were taken 2 years ago I think. Here's a link to them.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562631339BamnCC
Old 01-12-2010, 12:36 PM

If I were closer to you, I'd say, "I'll help you if you'll help me!" Sometimes it does help to work with a friend -- a very good friend! :thumbup:
Old 01-12-2010, 01:09 PM

Oh, maybe we should all have a 'show and tell' of our rooms, LOL. Mine is a disaster, just can't seem to keep it nice and neat..but guess that comes from using our 'studios'.

I just hate it when I can't find anything, even after I have cleaned and put things away in that 'safe place'

hmmmmm, maybe I should get off the computer and go work in my studio now...

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 01-13-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Originally Posted by kasmitty1
I'd crank up some Lynard Skynard, shut the world out, and just do it!
Skynard is good, but I think I work a little better to BeeGees. :-D
I like almost anything country or the oldies...I guess oldies can include the BeeGees...!
Old 01-14-2010, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltykitty
I really do have a system that works for me. A 9x11 ft room holds all my supplies and fabrics, unless I'm currently using them. I used to have my machine in there also, but got to feeling isolated so I moved it to the sunroom. More light there also. By the end of this week everything should organized AGAIN!

Maybe 2010 will be better all around. 2009 was a bad year for us. Mother was ill from Jan to July, DH had three surgeries and started chemo, stepson moved in, plus concerned for my country. But on the home front things look better. DH is tolerating chemo very well, knock on wood and praise God. Mother is healthy at age 92. Stepson still here though, going back to school and working on getting back his life, just retired from the Navy.

So maybe I can finish those four quilts I need to make for family which will complete my goal. Then things for me to play with.
(((HUGS))) with all of this going on...no wonder things aren't the way you would like them to be!!! (((HUGS)))
I am glad to hear that DH and DM are doing well!!! DSS will find his way, too!!!
You have inspired me to get busy and get organized :D:D:D
Old 01-19-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by quiltykitty
I can't seem to get any enthusiam for quilting. This is the sad state of my sewing area. There are fabrics for six quilts in these pictures. The fabric on the chair was all just washed and dried. It is for the Piecemaker's 2003 Calendar Quilt.
Love all those windows for natural light in your sewing room, bet you really enjoy the room, mess and all!