Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Scrappy Log Cabin >

Scrappy Log Cabin

Scrappy Log Cabin

Old 08-06-2009, 12:59 PM

I need to make a log cabin quilt......since i live in a log cabin.........I love your quilt front and back.......and the way you store and sort......you are so organized......now if i could just stay off the forum i might get something done......
Old 08-06-2009, 01:11 PM

that is stunning! i made a copy of it (are you copyrighted?) to give myself the boost i need to do anything that work-intensive. :mrgreen:

when you sitd'd did you do it in the shape of a snail or start and stop at each intersection?
Old 08-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Power Poster

Wowee! That is a ton of scraps you got to use up. Great job! You are one organized quilter ... I wish I could be that organized with my work. Huh, only in my dreams!
Old 08-06-2009, 02:53 PM

Beautiful quilt, and what an inspiration for getting organized! :? :lol:
Old 08-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Power Poster

Beautiful quilts . I only wish I was that organized.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
that is stunning! i made a copy of it (are you copyrighted?) to give myself the boost i need to do anything that work-intensive. :mrgreen:

when you sitd'd did you do it in the shape of a snail or start and stop at each intersection?
Thanks Butterflywing - I did SID down each stitch line (which are 1" apart since I used 1" logs), stopping when I ran out of ditch and starting again when the ditch re-started. To those of you who have down log cabins this may make sense - to the others it probably doesn't. Each time I started or stopped I back stitched with a small stitch length, or just started up with small stitches. This left gaps with threads that had to be frequently clipped. If you try to do a snail trail there's too much turning of the quilt. If I were good enough at free motion that might be the way to do it, but I prefer to use the walking foot.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:52 PM

The quilt is absolutely beautiful, and your organization is an inspiration :-)
Old 08-06-2009, 03:58 PM

I can't belive I missed this post either!

Your quilt is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!! I totally love everything about it!! :D

And your organization..... Wow!!!!!! Mine is just heaped in a basket under my table. :oops:

Thanks so much for posting all your pictures!!! I'm sure both the quilt, and your organization ideas will be quite an inspiration to a lot of us!
:-)
Old 08-06-2009, 06:11 PM

Beautiful. I love log cabins, partly, because there are so many different ways to arrange the blocks. Love how you did the back.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
Originally Posted by butterflywing

Thanks Butterflywing - I did SID down each stitch line (which are 1" apart since I used 1" logs), stopping when I ran out of ditch and starting again when the ditch re-started. To those of you who have down log cabins this may make sense - to the others it probably doesn't. Each time I started or stopped I back stitched with a small stitch length, or just started up with small stitches. This left gaps with threads that had to be frequently clipped. If you try to do a snail trail there's too much turning of the quilt. If I were good enough at free motion that might be the way to do it, but I prefer to use the walking foot.
what patience you have! i'm really impressed now!