Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 64 of 144 FirstFirst ... 14 54 63 64 65 74 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3584

Thread: Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :)

9-Patch Mash-Up

Here's my latest finish, a top that will be donated to victims of the Colorado Fires. I call it 9-Patch Mash-Up. I used a bunch of 3-inch 9-patches from the days when I ran a year-long swap of them, then lost interest in the project I originally had in mind and was left with, literally, hundreds of the little darlings. I also wanted to use up some of the contents of my overstuffed plaid drawer. Definitely a utility quilt but once it's quilted (by someone else!) it should keep someone warm on a cold Colorado night.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    It's wonderful!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

I love ur quilts and what a great idea....... Everyone show ur scrappy...... ;-)

One of my scrappies

I love doing the scrap quilts......... Here is one of my 4patch scrap quilt tops....

I like that 9 patch mash up.
    He who loves crazy scrappy quilts.

love the 9Pmashup, 9P are one of my favorite kinds of patterns.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Wow, the creative scrappy quilts never end. I love each one posted. This is the best post possible.
    Sam @ Samantha's House.blogspot.com
    SamanthasHouse @Etsy.com

So many wonderful scrappies...here's one my 15 year old granddaughter made today. We grabbed some girly scrap 2 1/2" strips & put together the 1600" jelly roll quilt (though it wasn't anywhere close to 1600"). She isn't here long enough to get it quilted for the guild meeting in 2 weeks, so I will quilt it for her. I worked on a boy one, but didn't get it quite finished...will post a pic later once both are quilted. They will both be donation quilts for the pregnancy center. She couldn't believe she could finish the whole top in about 6 hours...doesn't she look happy?

Found this thread tonight and cannot stop looking at the fantastic scrappy quilts.......I am a scrappy lover at heart and to have them all in one post is amazing. I am retiring the first of September and cannot wait till fall and winter to start piecing and quilting.....so many ideas here. That will motivate me to clean and organize my sewing room. I have started organizing. Had carpal tunnel surgery and I have 4 more wks or recovery...then go back to work ( I am a part time nurse working two days a week.......so after sick leave.....a total of 6 days left to work...........hope to be organized by retirement time...........so exciting.......I cannot stop looking at these...

This is one I did a few months ago and was quilted by Charisma. I saved bits of fabric some as small as 1 inch by 2 inches . It s all scraps .. I thought I should post it here.

Blog Entries
    Well yes Lori S you should post it here! It is a beauty.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

This is my Scrappy Sampler. I wanted to make this my "Quilt of Firsts". This was my first time quilting feathers, making a sampler, making a scrap quilt, making scalloped borders and my first time making a hand pieced block (the Drunkard's Path).
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

Love them all. I'm not a scrappy person but I'm thinking by the size of my growing stash that I'm going to have to break down and do a few scrappy quilts. They are beautiful quilts.
    No matter how tough life is, it sure beats the alternative.

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...26548a24e6.png

Ps 150, your Scrappy Sampler is very nice indeed, and that scalloped border is really the finishing touch. I've never done one but it just joined my list of Things to Do.

Blog Entries
    Lori S, Ps 150, and VickiM: All so very different, all so pretty, and all SCRAPS! And VickiM, beautiful granddaughter.
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by ladynredd View Post
    Ps 150, your Scrappy Sampler is very nice indeed, and that scalloped border is really the finishing touch. I've never done one but it just joined my list of Things to Do.
    Thanks! I saw a picture of a similar quilt in a book and wanted to make this, but there was no pattern, so I just found patterns for the individual blocks and went from there.
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

Blog Entries
    WOW I don't usually to scrappy quilts but I love these. thx for sharing.
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

Blog Entries
    VickiM, your granddaughter is as lovely as her quilt. From the looks of it she has found a lifelong love, thanks to you!

Lori, your scrappy is gorgeous and Charisma's quilting! Well, what can you say? Fabulous!

PS 150 I love your sampler. Wonderful!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    ~ ps150 what a lovely sampler. samplers do not usually catch my eye but this one did as i like how your colors and background coordinate and that scalloped border. nice job.

~ i so cannot wait to teach my 10 yr old dgd how to sew or at least introduce her to it. the sewing bug totally blew by my dd and i feel the need to share my sewing talent with someone.

~ i totally love this thread!!

mary
    Last edited by Havplenty; 08-01-2012 at 05:33 AM.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

This, too, is one o' my favorite threads! I love comin' here & seein' everybody's scrappys!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Caught up and it is indeed a great quilt show! They are all wonderful.

I have been away for a while, but I love scrappy quilts. Will try to add a picture of one that I did. I also plan on doing a Strip Twist quilt.

Log Cabin with an Attitude

Here is a scrappy quilt that I made a couple of years ago.

Blog Entries
    VickiM: your DGD is so precious! It is so wonderful to bring a new generation into sewing/quiilting, isn't it?

Lori S: your scrappy is so soft and comfy looking. Makes me want to snuggle inside of it. Amazing what you can do with 1"x2" scraps.

Ps 150: beautiful job.

PattinWisconsin: I love your log cabin with attitude. How cool is that. Did you do QAYG in strips?

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Here's the first and only real scrappy I've done, I had been on a real 30's repo tear, and these are the leftovers from that. I have a tendancy to give away or toss scraps, but I've decided to keep them within reason so I can make more scrappys.

Page 64 of 144 FirstFirst ... 14 54 63 64 65 74 114 ... LastLast