Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 >

Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301

Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301

Old 03-26-2010, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by imjustme
I just got home from Tball practice with my son. OH MY GOODNESS!!! My Angel is fantastic. I don't remember posting anything- I should go back and check lol- anyway she got me a pattern that I really really wanted. She made me 2 yes 2 totes- they are sooo pretty- That was on my list of things wanting to do - and all kinds of stuff. Earings that are too cute. Thank you very much angel. I love everything. Let me go take pictures I will be back lol
You did quite well....what pattern, I see several. If you hav. e rubber grips on your gloves they are nice for machine quilting. Can I have a bunny you have 2

I wonder if they would be good pin cushions lol

:D :mrgreen: :D :D
Old 03-26-2010, 05:35 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Kwhite.......... I think you are doing a great job, we are all having loads of fun do to your efforts. keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 05:39 AM

I
Old 03-26-2010, 05:46 AM

]
Old 03-26-2010, 06:23 AM

What a GREAT EASTER PRESENT!!! ;) You received a huge amount of "loot"! I love all of those patterns! I need to make something for my Angel, maybe a tote bag. I always worry that she might not like it. . . . . .then what? Re- gift?? :cry: I need to find something cute, like those bloomers!! I remember seeing those many, many years ago. I didn't know they still made those kind of dish cloths. Well Angels, it's sure nice to see all of the great finds. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

KWHITE, you have a really difficult job! I sure don't see anybody volunteering to take your place. :hunf: Don't look at me....I could not begin to fit your shoes. Way too much work! :hunf:

* You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late. * So Angels, keep in touch!! :thumbup:
Old 03-26-2010, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Knot Sew
Originally Posted by imjustme
I just got home from Tball practice with my son. OH MY GOODNESS!!! My Angel is fantastic. I don't remember posting anything- I should go back and check lol- anyway she got me a pattern that I really really wanted. She made me 2 yes 2 totes- they are sooo pretty- That was on my list of things wanting to do - and all kinds of stuff. Earings that are too cute. Thank you very much angel. I love everything. Let me go take pictures I will be back lol
You did quite well....what pattern, I see several. If you hav. e rubber grips on your gloves they are nice for machine quilting. Can I have a bunny you have 2

I wonder if they would be good pin cushions lol

:D :mrgreen: :D :D
The turtle rag quilt pattern- I wanted that soo bad lol and now I have it. I still need to finish sewing what I am making for my little girl out of all the fabric she sent last time. I will post a pic when I am done with that. The kids ate all the candy already lol and NO they are MY BUNNYS lol get your own- Actually the little ones claimed them already :-)
Old 03-26-2010, 06:47 AM

K....don't let anyone get you down.
I went thru the same thing with Secret Santa.
It's a shame that people sign up for things, then decide that for what ever reason, they either don't want to send anything or maybe they forgot they signed up.
In either case....IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!! You are just the facilitator that was nice enough to suggest this and took names to coordinate. What I would suggest is....if you keep getting complaints about people NOT receiving ANYTHING, then "oust" that person to the person that is supposed to be receiving and let the 2 of them hash it out.
Other than that, there's nothing you can do.
I know you have others that step in and help out, which shouldn't be the case, but well..........it just sucks when that happens.

For those of you who are sending to your SQAs, I commend you.
For those of you who are not...SHAME ON YOU! You know who you are and you shouldn't sign up for ANY swaps in the future since you are reneging on this one. If you aren't sending because you are having some sort of a problem, then you should be contacting Kwhite and letting her know so someone can step in for you.
Hurt feelings happen, but when something like this happens, it's more than feelings that get hurt.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:55 AM

Ditto, Terri!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:35 AM

Well said, Terri. It seems to be true that no good deed goes unpunished -- at least in KWhite's case. This swap has meant too much to too many and has brought our little world so close together. I see so much support and generosity and honest concern among the board participants. Life does get in our way sometimes, as do good intentions. This is a lesson in compassion -- and maybe human nature.

KWhite, I do appreciate all the effort you have gone through on behalf of this swap -- in spite of your own life demanding attention. Thank you. Maybe Terri's right -- just "out" the non-performers to their angelees and let them face off -- there may be legitimate excuses or maybe not. In any case, someone should learn a lesson in the confrontation.

And where is YOUR SQA, KWhite, as you endure all the "grief" being thrown your way?
Old 03-26-2010, 07:46 AM

kwhite, I appreciate all the time and effort that goes into hosting a swap. And the SQA swap is a big, ongoing one! If I can do anything to help (send PMs, e-mails, reminders, etc.), just let me know. I work cheap! I'm sure others would be willing to lend a hand too. Or be angels for the angels! Thanks for all you do.