Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 >

Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301

Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301

Old 08-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

Oh Darlene those tumbling blocks are beautiful!! I love those scissors too! I have a pair and use them all the time. I also got one of those angel key rings. I put it on my keychain already.

Your pressies are so nice.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:50 PM

Darlene, you're doing a fine job on those tumbling blocks! What a difficult block to start with for your first "real" quilt. But, then again, if you can do a great job with this one, the straight seam blocks will seem like a piece of cake!

Big pats on the back for your blocks! The light/med/dark placement is nicely done. You've got a good eye. WAY TO GO!

Odessa
Old 08-16-2010, 06:32 AM

CRAZY weekend so crazy I was glad Monday came. Have you ever had those days when If it could go wrong it went wrong. Well that was the last 4 days. But the cool thing is I'd get bad news and the next hour I got something good. I think everything in my house broke this weekend... But the good news was my Dear Ethel brighten my Saturday so much I didn't care the water heater broke or the guys doing my roof damaged my neighbors lawn with the dump trailer :shock: I took a moment just to sit down and open my Apple themed pkg. You have know Idea what a joy it was. I'll post pictures soon. Thank you from the bottom of my heart you are a true angel!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by karielt
CRAZY weekend so crazy I was glad Monday came. Have you ever had those days when If it could go wrong it went wrong. Well that was the last 4 days. But the cool thing is I'd get bad news and the next hour I got something good. I think everything in my house broke this weekend... But the good news was my Dear Ethel brighten my Saturday so much I didn't care the water heater broke or the guys doing my roof damaged my neighbors lawn with the dump trailer :shock: I took a moment just to sit down and open my Apple themed pkg. You have know Idea what a joy it was. I'll post pictures soon. Thank you from the bottom of my heart you are a true angel!
It was a rough weekend for a lot of us (myself included), but it's so nice to know that our ANGELS are always thinking of us, watching over us, and taking time from their busy lives to make ours better? They/we are an AMAZING group of people! So glad your Angel brought you such joy.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:05 AM

It is my turn to brag. Francis did my proud. I got the makings of my favorite color jacket. Purples. I will post pictures soon. THANK YOU ANGEL FRANCIS
Old 08-16-2010, 09:38 AM

nice gifts everyone is getting, got pkg sent to my Angel hope she gets it soon!!!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:14 PM

I'm not bragging... :oops: but, guess what? ? ? I now have a very special Teddy Bear!! She sent me some lovely gifts! I just love everything! :lol: Chocolate, F.Q. in my favorite colors, a darling little pair of scissors and two spools of thread. A sweet smelling candle, a nail file that says I love sewing, and wrapped it all in batting, so I have another gift too! I also got a leather thimble....I always thought about getting one, just never did. Thank you so very much!! I love you! I'm so happy that I could cry!! :cry: Happy tears!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-98087.jpe   attachment-98088.jpe   attachment-98091.jpe  
Old 08-16-2010, 03:31 PM

THANK YOU AGAIN, MEME!
What a nice surprise! So much fun to receive a package from you. I love all the neat things you put in it. DH immediately had to try out the candy and was able to tell me what the little cherb was by feeling it's little feet and wings. Although he had to take a few minutes to study it. I am going to quilt the pretty panel and it will become a part of our winter house decorations. The pretty thread will be perfect and the fat quarters will be good for the binding. I like to change the wall quilts in our dining room by seasons and this panel is the perfect size and will be a quick project to complete. I love the Quiltie Ladies' Scrapbook. I read some of the recipes to DH and now he wants me to make several of them. They do sound good and the block patterns and fun projects are great. Looks like there will be things I can do with the great grands when they come for a visit. I love the poetry and drawings, what a neat book. The little note book will be handy in my purse and the word puzzles will be entertaining. I have never seen the Best Press spray and I am anxious to try it out. Thank you for the scent-free feature. Thank you again. You mentioned in the note that your children are in the service, my thoughts and prayers go out to them and you. It must be stressful for you when they are away from home.
I am busy working on Christmas presents for the great grands. This year I am making beanbag games. My son gave me 50 pounds of walnut shells and I ground them into small chips to use in the place of beans for the bags. Also busy making lots of pincushions that I will be selling at my quilt guild's quilt show next spring.

close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98108[/ATTACH]

sqa gifts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]98109[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-98103.jpe   attachment-98104.jpe  
Old 08-16-2010, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by barbsbus
I am busy working on Christmas presents for the great grands. This year I am making beanbag games. My son gave me 50 pounds of walnut shells and I ground them into small chips to use in the place of beans for the bags. Also busy making lots of pincushions that I will be selling at my quilt guild's quilt show next spring.
That sounds like a great idea for kids. I would just make sure to let the parents know that there are walnut shells inside them. That way if their friends are allergic they can let them know.

Sorry, I work with kids, I'm always thinking about allergies!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:46 PM

Good advise. I am pretty sure all the kids are OK with being able to be around nuts but will pass on the warning.
Thanks,