Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sewing/craft  room organized..for today! >

Sewing/craft room organized..for today!

Sewing/craft room organized..for today!

Old 04-10-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
as one anal organizer to another [lol] I love it, great job. Are those needle work pics on the walls?
They are counted cross stitch which my former daughter in law and daughter did for me. That used to be our passion.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:58 AM

Hot
Old 04-10-2010, 12:16 PM

I greatly admire anyone who can keep a neat and organized sewing room. :D
Old 04-10-2010, 01:19 PM

Cookie, My room is organized. On the left is my sewing machine and fabric, ironing board, thread, patterns and sewing books. On the right is what I need for making furniture for dollhouses, large cutting/work table, smaller table with woodworking tools including a small table saw. Further along at the far wall is a shelf unit with all my beads and what I need for making prayer beads and little accessories for dollhouses like perfume bottles and jeweled powder boxes. Also shadow box frames for 1/4" scale miniature room boxes. In another room to the left is all my yarn for prayer shawl ministry and what I laughingly call my library with hymnals and Bible study books. I keep my finished charity projects in that room. One of these days I'll settle on one thing to do and then maybe, just maybe, I can get organized. I turned 73 last month so it is doubtful that time will ever arrive.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:40 PM

Beautiful! Very well organized.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:44 PM

I love those cabinets. When we downsized I walked away from my huge sewing room. I still miss it but I don't miss the mortgage. You have done a good job setting the room up. Enjoy.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:05 PM

8grrkids, well well, sounds like you are organized to me. you have 10 years on me so I have a ways to go. Be happy.

Cookie
Old 04-11-2010, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by sunflower126
I have finally cleaned and organized my sewing/craft room--at least for this month. I am a compulsive organizer. I'm never really satisfied. Besides quilting I also do scrapbooking and cardmaking.
SUNFLOWER, thank you so much for sharing your organizing skills in pictures! They say a picture is worth a thousand words. In your case, I would have to agree. Unfortunately, I was not born with compulsive organizing skills.

:roll: I am a messy. Currently I have sewing/crafts stuff in every room of our home but the kitchen. Oh, I guess the bathrooms don't except for quilting magazines. I have begun sorting and am very determined to bring it all under control so I can quilt more, make jewelry and do some other crafts that I love. Right now, I usually have to hunt for everything and that takes the spontanity and fun out of doing a project. A main thing that I need to practice is to put things back where they belong at the end of the day, even if I will be using it tomorrow.

Again, thank you so much. Linda :thumbup:
Old 04-11-2010, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by letsquilt
you have a great room, looks bigger than mine, I have a 10x11 ft room right now but my husband is in the process of building me a new room it will be 12x24 and have lots of windows.But I'm like you I like to keep it organized here are some pics of my room.
Your room looks great, letsquilt! I can see you collect old Singers like I have begun to do. Just bought an old Damascus treadle machine yesterday. Can't wait to get it spiffed up and use it. Linda
Old 04-11-2010, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by sunflower126
Originally Posted by craftiladi
as one anal organizer to another [lol] I love it, great job. Are those needle work pics on the walls?
They are counted cross stitch which my former daughter in law and daughter did for me. That used to be our passion.
The DD's did a wonderful job on those. i don't do cross stitch but have recently got back into my needle point & hand embroidery-didn't realize how much i missed it.