Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sewing Room Renovation Day! >

Sewing Room Renovation Day!

Sewing Room Renovation Day!

Old 01-04-2011, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Aunt Doggie
Definately like the second try better!! Can you take off the doors on the sewing cabinet? I kept hitting my knee on the doors of mine when open, and since I never closed up the cabinet at any time, I said the heck with those!!
Also, can you swing the tables, just like they are but with your back to the window so you would have the natural light over your shoulder?
That might be even better, and you can see your door- better for Fung Shui!!!! No one can can up behind you!! :lol: :lol:
Thtat's the way my machine is and I end up sitting in my own shadow. I want to try to find some way of turning around! :lol:
Old 01-04-2011, 06:58 PM

looking fabulous - good luck
Old 01-04-2011, 07:09 PM

I like them back to back if there's really good light...love that crackled desk. I can't believe you could do it in one day...took me 3 weeks! See "Off to a good start" I posted. You are brave, I didn't post before pics...your room looked good compared to mine. Isn't it great feeling like you can breathe and create again? I just shut my mind most the year & just focus on creating...all the clutter is not really condusive to being creative unless you shut your mind! Enjoy it!
Old 01-04-2011, 07:10 PM

what a pretty room. That alcove with the 3 windows would be a terrific spot for your machine.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:11 PM

what a pretty room. That alcove with the 3 windows would be a terrific spot for your machine.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:13 PM

I knew your machine would look great in front of those windows :) The trouble with straightening out one area is it always makes the rest look bad. I applaud your accomplishment today. I also spent today hoeing out my sewing room.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:49 PM

Looking good - glad you can get your priorities straightened out. :thumbup:
Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Today is the day! I took a vacation day today so I could be home all alone & finally get my sewing room completely re-done. I want to start 2011 off right, and this means that room has got to have something major done about it. Half the room is just junk piled in there to get it out of other rooms. Ugh! It is hard to quilt & sew & let the creative juices flow when it is a cluttered mess.

I'm getting ready to start pulling everything out of the room. Furniture, exercise equipment, junk, everything! Then I'm going to put back only the necessities, rearrange the furniture, and then get rid of the crap, I mean non-necessary things, that is left.

I took some before pictures. Somebody send the search & rescue squad if I don't reappear later today with finished pictures okay?
When you're done, claim it! Decorate it 'your style'. I think that would give you "Not in my sewing room" rights! Git-r-done!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:42 PM

How excited you must be to be creating your awesome studio! Thank you so much for the pictures because they are more inspiring than just telliing about what you're doing. Happy sewing!!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:49 PM

wow,your on your way !!