Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Siamese Cat - SEE IT FINISHED ON PAGE 4  :-) >

Siamese Cat - SEE IT FINISHED ON PAGE 4 :-)

Siamese Cat - SEE IT FINISHED ON PAGE 4 :-)

Old 10-11-2009, 09:06 AM

I love it! You did an amazing job! I love the colors you used to finish the quilt!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Now to quilt it.... I have NO idea how to do that. I did hand applique because I wanted the dimensional look, I want the cats sticking out. So I can't very well go and quilt them can I.

I figure small stippling around them, but apart from that I got nothing. Any suggestions welcome!
Even though you hand appliqued you can certainly quilt around the colors in each cat to define certain areas. I do hand quilting and that is what I do - not sure how it would work if you are machine quilting. It looks so beautiful - love the back ground and borders!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:05 AM

Turned out awesome Blue. :D :D :D
Old 10-11-2009, 10:48 AM

Gorgeous! I love the cats. What about quilting the "body parts" as in the leg shape as they are sitting. This would sort of make them 3-D-ish. I don't know if it would work but was an idea that I could sorta see in my mind...
Old 10-11-2009, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by woody
So I'm not the only one who worked on a quilt while watching the Bathurst 1000 . My DH doesn't understand my multi tasking. :lol:
Multi tasking is a woman thing, men can't do it! lol Mine hid in the garage most of the day. Was a good race wasn't it! Especially the end, Murphy drives like a demon.

Originally Posted by dunster
Stunning! Did you change the borders from your first post? I love it.
No, the borders are the same. Each block had the dark blue border, and then the green sashing went on, another strip of the dark blue and then the last border is the same as the background.

The pattern is called "Temple Guardians" by Helene Knott, and is available through storyquilts.com A couple of people looked it up when I first posted the name, and apparently it's quite expensive? It wasn't too bad here, about average for a Block of the Month with the fabrics included.

http://www.storyquilts.com/html/temple_guardians.html

Thank you to everyone for the lovely comments.... I posted the photo last night then went to bed, so have woken up to the pages of compliments. It's an awesome way to start the day. :D

Old 10-11-2009, 10:56 AM

Thanks for the suggestions on quilting..... it doesn't help that I can't decide whether to make it a wall hanging or a bed quilt.... it's kind of too big for the wall, and too "good" for the bed! LOL
Old 10-11-2009, 10:58 AM

You made a really beautiful quilt! I really like that not one of the cats is the same as the other, great work!!
Old 10-11-2009, 11:01 AM

It's actually not quite finished.... there are two cat silhouettes to go on each corner of the last border, with their tails intertwined, in the cream fabric. I'm still tossing up how to do those too, will probably use fusible because they're quite small and fiddly. Mind you, my needle turn has improved so could probably manage it.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:54 AM

I double checked the cost for the BOM for this beautiful quilt here in the States. It run $21.65 (which does include shipping) for 10 months. Kind of expensive.... :( But that also includes the "story"....
Old 10-11-2009, 11:55 AM

LOVE IT! Great job.