Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sneak peek ( Elle the new pic is on page 14) >

Sneak peek ( Elle the new pic is on page 14)

Sneak peek ( Elle the new pic is on page 14)

Old 07-27-2008, 06:59 AM

Riley, Thank you for all the answers to my questions. Thanks also for the tips on the pencils you use. Always handy to know little secrets like that.

8 months heh well for that type of work sure is impressive, it can take me that amount of time on the machine still. LOL

Your young at heart and nimble of finger that is for sure.

My friend Izy will love to see your work, she is not on the board at the moment so I will post your site to show her. She will just be thrilled to see your work to.

Regards Elle
Old 07-27-2008, 07:25 AM

Forgot to mention it but I bought some fabric from the Colonial Stores you mentioned. Great Service from them, as I live in Spain the address came out a bit peculiar and I emailed them and got an aswer straight back, I was surprised as its Sunday. I went for a Dear Jane Bundle of 20 fabrics in Pink and Brown wasnīt expensive at 25dollars and the postage to Spain was very good only 4.56 I am going to try with these first to see how I get on and then probably go mad buying more fabrics.

Thanks for all your help, Now I canīt wait. :? :D

Elle
Old 07-27-2008, 07:48 AM

You are so welcome, Elle! Anytime, please, I am glad to help!!!!

I should have clarified that the months mentioned was to piece the blocks. I tossed it aside for probably almost a year & then got a bee in my bonnet & set about to set them. Pieced non-stop to do that once I got the urge. Us oldsters are that way, you know? ha ha (In truth, I have never considered getting old!)

WOW! That shipping is as good as I can get? That is a happy thing....good postage!!

I probably should have started a new thread though, rather than hijacking Melissa's thread on her beauty? Melissa, I apologize, Hon!!!

Riley
Old 07-27-2008, 12:25 PM

You dont need to apologize to me, I can keep track of you here!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 07-27-2008, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Forgot to mention it but I bought some fabric from the Colonial Stores you mentioned. Great Service from them, as I live in Spain the address came out a bit peculiar and I emailed them and got an aswer straight back, I was surprised as its Sunday. I went for a Dear Jane Bundle of 20 fabrics in Pink and Brown wasnīt expensive at 25dollars and the postage to Spain was very good only 4.56 I am going to try with these first to see how I get on and then probably go mad buying more fabrics.

Thanks for all your help, Now I canīt wait. :? :D

Elle

I hadnt seen the Dear Jane bundle!!!!! I guess since you guys talked me into the Dear Jane, I will have to get some of those bundles :lol: :lol: too!!!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 12:56 PM

Ooh did I tell you they were delicious colours. A question.... could you do one of those civil war quilts with these type fabrics or is a different colour combo. I am going to have a try and see how it goes when I get my book. as they say to be continued..... :D :D
Old 07-27-2008, 01:16 PM

Thank you ,Melissa, for being kind enuff to forgive us for hijacking your thread!

Colors used in the Jane Stickle Quilt have been in EVERY color combo known to man kind. (opppps, slip of the tongues---WOMAN kind!!!)

Go here & you will find over 11,000 of them to gaze upon!
http://tinyurl.com/65x3za

Edited: Incidently, you do know the Dear Jane blocks finish at 4 1/2 inches, right? If you purchase the software (& I do urge you to, if you can!) you can print blocks out in any size you so choose. You can print templates, rotary cutter sizes & then PP (3 ways)

Edited again...red in the face...hush my mouth, I just remember the CD abilities were discussed earlier I believe by Marcia? Going play with dust bunnies in the closet! :oops:

Riley
Old 07-27-2008, 02:14 PM

You are so funny Riley, your making me laugh. Dust bunnies heh, well it takes all kinds of things.

Where can I purchase the CD and whats the best one to get please

Elle
Old 07-27-2008, 02:26 PM

Marcia posted a site on pg 12, I dont know if they sold it or was just telling about it, if they dont have it, I would think most of the sites that have the book would have the CD.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Ooh did I tell you they were delicious colours. A question.... could you do one of those civil war quilts with these type fabrics or is a different colour combo. I am going to have a try and see how it goes when I get my book. as they say to be continued..... :D :D
Dear Jane is a Civil War quilt! But yes you could use them in any other CW quilt.