Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Some charity quilt recipients >

Some charity quilt recipients

Some charity quilt recipients

Old 01-05-2011, 01:59 PM

wow... what a wonderful thing you are doing for people...
god bless you for doing it.. there are not many in this world that would do as you have... once again thanks for sharing the pictures..
Old 07-22-2011, 02:00 PM

re: Slavic/European not being adventurous or diversified in doing a little bit of a lot things as we are.....I wonder if that has to do with the fact that they were under a government rule for so long that theoretically "took care of their needs" that they did not have the curiosity of mind...more robotic and just did what they were "assigned" to do and sort of leary of going out of their boundaries........may take another generation or two for the curiosity to become reality....In the meantime...bless you and what you do, can we/I help you in your quest.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:52 AM

It is wonderful that you do this for others. They look like they really appreciate it.
My mom's cousin taught me to sew. She was a firm believer that if it was fabric it could go in a quilt. Some of her quilts we would consider "ugly" but they were warm and all made from leftovers or recycled fabrics. Being one of 11 we weren't picky.
My mom taught me to cook and bake. My dad taught me basic plumbing, electrical, home repair, and mechanics. I also learned gardening from him. He could grow anything. I like sewing, gardening and baking the best but can do a lot of things for myself and not need to hire someone.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:34 AM

Since I come from a Polish family...grandparents on both sides came from Poland....and married a man whose parents came from Italy--I have learned much first from my side, then from my DH's.......
As a little girl helping grandma strip duck feathers for not quilts but what were feather-filled coverlets that were so soft and warm as well as learning many peasant-type cooking recipes......some I did not get, which now I wish I had......I also was under the impression that all houses had a sewing machine as well as a stove and refrigerator-actually grandma on dad's side also had an old "ice-box"...very faint memory there.....how much we have evolved.........I don't think my children, who are now adults, have the same warm memories of family as I have....I tried to keep us together as a family, but life today really spreads families in many different directions.....
Old 07-28-2011, 07:49 AM
Power Poster

((())) hugs to you for doing this. they all look happy to receive a quilt or quilts. :thumbup: