Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: some of the Guild display Quilts from KC RegionalQuiltFest

Blog Entries
    Thanks so very much for the lovely tour. I'll not be able to go next year either unless I can find someone to cure this vertigo. My favorites were the nursery rhymes--kittens who lost their mittens and bird houses. I know that is a lot of work....I loved it.

Marcia

I echo all of the others who have said. 'Thank you!". What a wonderful display of artistry. I never cease to be amazed at what people do with thread, needles and fabric. I just can imagine all of these quilting rooms, studios abuzz with creative endeavor. Every one of them is wonderful and I appreciate the effort going into them. Too many quilts in your post-NEVER!

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing! Fun to go to the show while sitting in my favorite chair with a cup of coffee! I love looking at those quilts and will probably go back and look again. Thanks so much for taking time .😁
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Thanks for posting some beautiful quilts. I just love eye candy. The Gypsy Wife in primary colors was my favorite but so was the first NY Beauty and the very first applique/block mix...and there were others. So many quilts, so little time.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

I really enjoyed your 'show'. Fantastic fun to look at. That white on blue in the last group was really neat as was the all white with lace inserts. Loved them all and would not want to pick a winner.
    All my grand-children have paws.

Blog Entries
    Wow, what beautiful quilts. Thank you so much for taking the time to post these. A whole other level of quilts on display there for sure.
    Women are Angels. And when someone breaks our wings......... we simply continue to fly ........ on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that. OKAY?

Amazing. My favorite is the grizzly bear too. Thanks for posting the pictures.
    "Time spent in the saddle is never wasted." Teddy Roosevelt

Every one took my breath away
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Thanks for sharing such a variety of beauties!!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Quiltingshortimer, thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into sharing these beautiful creations with us. Someone said it much earlier in this thread, there are just no words. Love the "exploding" interpretation of my favorite block NY Beauty, love every one of these. Wow.

There is SO much beautiful work here! I saw plenty of quilts I would love to see in person and it's great of you to share so many of them. Thank You!

Blog Entries
    All beautiful, but I'm old fashioned and love the Double Wedding Ring the best. Lovely choice of colors.
    rvsfan
    A Ricky Van Shelton fan

Let my join in with all of the rest and thank you for the wonderful view of your quilt show!!!!

I really enjoyed seeing all those quilts. It made for such a pleasant start to my day looking at them and drinking my morning coffee. Never too may photos of quilts! Please keep posting as many as you can!
    Penny

Fantastic quilts! Thank you for thinking of us and posting the show.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing these. The show must have been overwhelmingly spectacular to see in person.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

What an wondrous show! When I see pictures like these it continues to amaze me how many incredibly talented quilters out there. Thank you for sharing :-)

Blog Entries
    a great display of talent. thanks for taking the time to share so many
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I also want to thank you for treating us to this AMAZING show!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 17 Album of Blocks I Made for Others http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19654.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for a great review of the show! My daughter and I were there Friday for the day. It was great!!! I shopped until I dropped. My daughter liked the black & white skyscrapers quilt and I said to myself "dream on, sister.....not me." just in case she was dropping a hint. You're right, there were a lot of modern quilts and art pieces. The parking was not great, but ok, we did the shuttle, and my final purchase was a 30 yard roll of batting. I couldn't have gotten it without her with me; can you say heavy? Plenty of quilts, plenty of vendors( I went to shop) and it looked like plenty of food and places to sit. Overall, as they say, "A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL". Looking forward to 2019!

Jan

A suggestion regarding the festival's webpage: nowhere on the website was the address of the convention given. It should have been on every page. JMHO.

Very nice quilts.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I LOVED going to this quilt show with you!! Thank you, thank you for posting so many wonderful quilts; I wanted to just keep scrolling and scrolling -- they were all amazing!!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

I love these quilt shows! My feet don't even hurt! I marvel at the talent, creativity, vast variety of these gifted artists. I really appreciate YOU doing the work of being our on the scene photojournalist and computer whiz to share them. Thank you so very much!

Super Member quiltingshorttimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaiade View Post
    A suggestion regarding the festival's webpage: nowhere on the website was the address of the convention given. It should have been on every page. JMHO.
    Thank you for that suggestion--I will definitely pass it along! Even though many of these guilds had done their own local shows in the past (many still do!), none of us had experience with this level of show. We were little dismayed that the City of Overland Park decided that early June was the time to start a major rehab to the underground parking but we did appreciate that they supplied the shuttle buses and that seemed to work well.

But yes--definitely need address everywhere! And directions to the high school that shuttle ran from.

this 2nd show we really wanted everyone to have plenty of space to sit and recharge. I'd like to see little more food kiosks for the noon hour--although the salad bar spot was nice!
    Question for you--did you shop in the ballroom where the judged quilts hung? Those vendors were grumbling at end of day Thurs that no one was coming in there.
    2nd question--what would you think about being able to buy a ticket for each opportunity quilt as a bundle with set price?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast