Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: stalled Bargello

I started this quilt last Spring but got sidetracked by someting else. Now I have to finish a small quilt before I can continue. I would like input and opinions on whether or not to take out the yellow blocks. I am not so sure I like them. Someone convinced me to put them in to make the quilt 'pop' and now I just don't know if I like it. Thanks for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Pics???? I just love the colors...so bright and cheery...

No photo? Does your little dog have a cast?

I like the yellow.

The yellow is pretty but doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the colors. I would take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    No photo? Does your little dog have a cast?
    I had trouble with my computer, The pics should show by now. My dog (watson) had cancer on his leg, he is gone but I still miss him. Using his pic for an avatar helps me get used to it. Thank you for asking.

I like the yellow too but you have to decide what YOU like - that's the only opinion that matters. It's beautiful, by the way.

I'm sorry about your little one. My oldest dog is now failing and doesn't have long, I'm not ready for it.

The yellow is perfect. Makes the other colors pop. You need a yellow or red in a quilt to make it pop and the greens and blues need the yellow. If you just fold so you cant see the yellow I thing you will see it a blendy...
    Just my opinion.
    nice colors...
    Connie F

I think the yellow looks great but it's hard to tell how well it really blends in a picture.
    You need to decide what you like and go with it. Whatever you decide to do it will be beautiful.
    ~Deb~

If I remove the yellow should I replace it with something else or just leave it out. I was thinking I would just leave it out if I do change it.

I love the yellow, but I think you need a light color in the quilt to make it pop, if you take out the yellow. A picture and such a narrow strip is hard to judge what leaving out the yellow will do to it. I kinda blocked the yellow out on the picture and felt the colors blended too much.

I love it. I think you have chosen absolutely gorgeous colors. (And I mean all of them!) I would definitely leave the yellow in. But that's up to you.
    Marilyn

Quote Originally Posted by nlgh
    I love the yellow, but I think you need a light color in the quilt to make it pop, if you take out the yellow. A picture and such a narrow strip is hard to judge what leaving out the yellow will do to it. I kinda blocked the yellow out on the picture and felt the colors blended too much.
    I am thinking that you and some other members may be right. The more I look at it, as small as it is, taking the yellow out may be a mistake. Thank you all for your opinions, I appreciate it very much.

I love the Yellow in it. I have pattern and fabric for a Bargello, but never got it started. Oh...........so many quilts, so little time!

I like the yellow in it, as it catches the eye, and then draws it throgh the other colors.
    So sorry about your little one. Did he by any chance have a microchip? I have been reading that several of them with microchips have developed cancers near the site.

Hi. I forgot to tell you that I'm really sorry about Watson.
    I'm sure that you miss him terribly. My condolences. (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong.)

I like the yellow But the other colors are cool, it reminds me of the 70's rainbows you used to see,,,I do like it but also could see a orange instead,,it also makes things pop but is a little more subdued. Any way You have to decide its very nice!

I love the yellow, I think it does "Pop" and is a nice contrast to the other colors. Breaks them us and accents them. I like it just the way it is :)

I love the yellow, I think it does "Pop" and is a nice contrast to the other colors. Breaks them us and accents them. I like it just the way it is :)

Gal
    I like the yellow in it, you have some paler colours and some strong deeper colours the yellow is a 'bright' so I vote it stays, if you were to take it out the colours remaining are all very similar, you could choose to go this way if you wished but I think the yellow really makes a statement.

Gal

I also like the yellow. It is going to be a beautiful bargello.

Pam
    I had trouble with my computer, The pics should show by now. My dog (watson) had cancer on his leg, he is gone but I still miss him. Using his pic for an avatar helps me get used to it. Thank you for asking.[/quote]

I lost my little Fancy Pants nearly a year ago, it is hard, I know.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I vote to keep the yellow.Hard to tell from a pic but I thought the yellow drew the eye through the other colors. Maybe do a few more rows with the yellow in and then look at it again.

wow - the colors and design are wonderful!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast