Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Started a Craftsy Class - I think I see more in my future

Quote Originally Posted by nursie76 View Post
    I have taken or am taking several Craftsy classes and I really love them. I can learn at my own speed, play it over and over until I get it, and can take the class in my jammies! lol
    I love the Craftsy classes, too, and they are on sale right now so I'll probably sign up for another one. I love the idea that you can work on them when you have time ( or steal time, sometimes). All of the classes that I have taken have been good and it is wonderful to go back and review techniques when you need to.

You are doing a great job on the free motion. Keep up the good work!
    Sheri (zkosh)
    Those who can, teach. Those who canít teach get into some less significant line of work.

I am taking all of the quilting classes. Haven't tried anything yet but love the information I get from each class.

I've taken several of their classes and found them to be very informative. The format makes it very easy to see what the instructor is doing and you are able to replay each session, as needed.

i signed up for two of their free classes but haven't started them since i'm not home with my Pfaff. I'll work on them this summer. FMQ and sewing machine tune up

WOW think you are doing great. I need to check out this class

Quote Originally Posted by TeresaS View Post
    I have signed up for the class but have not even watched it yet! now I am going to, thanks for sharing
    Me too, you inspire me to get busy on what I've already paid for!!
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A
    Colleen S.

I haven't yet, but love this!! How do you take the classes?
    Donnasue

Thanks for sharing your great work! I have not taken classes here but will definitely consider after seeing your results.
    Linda

All their classes are on sale right now, thru July 2. I signed up for this same class. Haven't done any FMQ yet tho.

Blog Entries
    wow i didn't realize they were like that. i want to learn paper piecing so i am going to go check out the site and see if they offer it now. i don't think i would have done it without reading all you comments thanks. wish me luck

Blog Entries
    Boy! you are doing good. I bought that class, but haven't tried it yet. They do have the quilting classes for only $19.99 now. Actually I only enroll when they are at that price, so far I have signed up for 12 classes - the same price I paid for only 2 classes at a quilt shop, but now I can review them as often as I want -- forever. Good deal for me since my SUV is a gas hog.

I believe that class is "Beyond Basic Quilting" by Ann Peterson.
    Last edited by jmabby; 07-01-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Great job! I may have to check it out. Thanks!
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liese View Post
    WOW!! What a GREAT job you've done with your free motion quilting. I keep looking at these things and thinking how difficult and time consuming they must be. Besides that, being a perfectionist doesn't help me wanting to try this. Tell me how difficult or not difficult it is????
    Thanks for the kind words - I'm enjoying the class, and don't look at it as difficult at all, the instructor talks through and shows everything so well that I would think most folks that try would be successful at it. I took the samples I've done so far to work to show some gals that also thought it must be hard, but just said where there's a will there's a way, we all learned to walk right? The part I didn't "enjoy" was getting the quilt sandwichs ready for practice and the final project, I just wanted to dive right in, we all know that doesn't work. I have now decided I'm going to keep a bunch of quilt sandwiches ready to go for future practice projects. When done, they are all going together into a "quilt as you go" type project.

Very pretty! I'll have to investigate Craftsy.
    Kathleen, a lass with a bit of the Irish in her blood and a whole lot of Irish in her heart

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmabby View Post
    Boy! you are doing good. I bought that class, but haven't tried it yet. They do have the quilting classes for only $19.99 now. Actually I only enroll when they are at that price, so far I have signed up for 12 classes - the same price I paid for only 2 classes at a quilt shop, but now I can review them as often as I want -- forever. Good deal for me since my SUV is a gas hog.

YES! when you consider the gas on top of class prices the Craftsy courses are great deals. Gas is just the tip of the iceburg - as soon as I hit the quilt shop I spend more money, and may even NEED to take a side trip to JoAnns or Hancock's...
    I believe that class is "Beoyond Basic Quilting" by Ann Peterson.
    ======================

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by T. View Post
    wow! what an inspiration! I have thought about taking the class, but wasn't sure if I can do it myself. Did you do it on your domestic machine? Wasn't the class on sale a couple of days ago for 19.99? OOOOhhhh, and I missed it!
    I think I will have to try it...thank you, keep up the good work
    Yes, this was on my domestic - Viking

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnasue View Post
    I haven't yet, but love this!! How do you take the classes?
    You take the class right on the computer - the instructor tells you about herself and the course, tells you to find the few pages of information to print out for reference. She walks you through how to "draw" the designs so you will be comfortable with it when you get to making it on a practice sandwich before you do it on your finished piece of art...slowly working through the variety of feathers, circles, everything you need to get a nice size sampler of your work completd -

that is great. what is their addy. I would love to look

I've signed up for the "How to quilt a big quilt on my dsm at home. So far, i've just watched.

You are doing wonderful!!! I have this class but have not gotten into it quite like you have. Great job.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I signed up for it. But I need something loaded on my laptop so that I can take it. You are so ahead of me. But....
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Blog Entries
    That's great - good progress. I signed up for Craftsy's machine quilting class back in March but have yet to actually open it up to take the class. Maybe I should check it out soon. After seeing your work, it gives hope to me too but I forgot if it's for free motion quilting. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pjnesler View Post
    I started a free motion quilting class on Craftsy, just had to try it out once I got to thinking about being able to learn here at home, no need to rush home from work, load up my machine and supplies to go someplace across town, or perhaps the town 60 miles away ( saves lots of gas $$ this way) do it at my pace and go back to it as needed to catch what I may have missed the first time. I'm only part way through, but think it will be well worth the $ all things considered! Here's a bit of practice - Anyone else taking these classes?
    That is great - you did a great job. Do you think this class would work for long arm machines?
    Quilting in the Desert

I am taking the Block of the Month class and enjoying it very much-free too.

it looks wonderful. I love freemotion quilting. But I signed up for the painting one even though I have been enhancing my landscapes and other quilts with paint for years. I thought there will be one tip that would just be what I need to hear to improve my painting. It is so cool how you set your piece in the frame for the quilt.
    DEB CAVAN

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast