Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Started a Craftsy Class - I think I see more in my future

Blog Entries
    Very NICE. I'm glad to see that it's worth purchasing from Craftsy
    Linda

LOVE IT! Makes me feel brave.
    Keep smiling, it makes others wonder what you're up to!

Blog Entries
    Wow, fantastic work. I want to learn FMQ. I am so intimidated. Thank you for sharing. I am going to check out the Crafty site - that sounds like what I need! Your work looks professional!
    Robin
    robinsquiltingroom.blogspot.com
    Southern California

RDM
    Blog Entries
    Your work is awesome, inspirational for sure. I've signed up for a similar class, and seeing your work pushes me to do it.

Blog Entries
    I am seriously thinking about taking this class. You did a good job

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter View Post
    That is great - you did a great job. Do you think this class would work for long arm machines?
    I would think much of the basics she is showing would be helpful to long arm machine folks, I hope she does an additional class to help us develop our own creativity to figure out how to build out designs to suit our own quilts, when I look at quilt patterns and see "QUILT AS DESIRED" I'm usually lost.

Blog Entries
    I just signed up for the class and watched the first lesson. Maybe it's just me but I felt like when I read a book and it starts out sooo slow that it gets boreing waiting to get into the meat of the story. I am interested in hearing about the instructror but I think this was a little too long and windy. I have no doubt as it goes on, as in most books it will be great and I'll be glad that I stuck with it. But for tonight (maybe I'm just too tired), I've got to put it down and hope I don't wait too long to get back to it.

I have signed up for all of the quilting classes; but haven't completed any of them. I very much enjoy doing the lessons; but my free motion quilting is not nearly as good as yours. You are doing an awesome job! Today, I did the first lesson in the Civil War quilt class. I really enjoyed making the block and can't wait to make the next block tomorrow. The Craftsy BOM is the one course that I really keep up with. I love making those blocks! I'm so glad this months the Dresden Plate. I had always wanted to make that block. You have inspired me to go back and work on the free motion quilting course. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter View Post
    That is great - you did a great job. Do you think this class would work for long arm machines?
    I emailed them and asked if it would work for long arms. They said I wouldn't be able to complete the class with a long arm, still valuable to learn to free motion.
    Robin
    robinsquiltingroom.blogspot.com
    Southern California

Did you know they have a block of the month for free.
    DEB CAVAN

Blog Entries
    wow, you did a wonderful job. i may have to sign up for that class.

Absolutely beautiful! I've signed up for and taken five classes so far! They're wonderful!

I just started and Love it! I have done all the blocks Jan thrum July this week. I ordered five more classes last week because the were on sale for half price. I love this. I can go in my sewing room and do whatever class I want whenever I want. I am hooked. Try the free bom to start.
    Jojos Nana, Carol

Blog Entries
    Two more benefits of taking the Craftsy class I've found so far -

1. As I've been working on my "Floral Sampler" for the class, I've used some threads I purchased just because I thought I'd use them someday - that day has come, and I love the threads, and will find more uses for them.

2. When my DXH ( dear x husband - still a great friend) wonders "why did you do it that way" I show him the class video!

Power Poster
    WOW! You are doing amazingly well!
    I might have to check out those classes!

Your work is beautiful! I signed up for the same class, but I have not gotten as far as you have, yet. BUT, from the class, I've gotten a lot more bold, and am learning that you just have to DO IT! And practice truly does make (a little) perfect - so I'm doing some simple FMQ on a baby quilt, and it's more that I've ever attempted before. I really like the Craftsy format, and when I've written the instructor with questions, she's answered really quickly - so it's great feedback. And... last weekend, they had their classes all for $19.99 - a REALLY good buy. You can sign up for their email to get notifications of sales.

I have taken several of their classes and have gleaned something from every one of them. You did a nice job. One thing I have learned is that all it takes is practice, practice, practice.

Wow...I'd say your a natural!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4