Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sunbonnet Sue doll quilt >

Sunbonnet Sue doll quilt

Sunbonnet Sue doll quilt

Old 05-22-2009, 12:20 PM

What a little cutie!
At least the boy knew how to save his toys <g>.
One time, when he had been gone for a few weeks, he came back and started looking for a cow. He was ADAMANT the cow was at our house. I don't remember how many different ways he tried to tell everyone that the cow was missing and he hadn't taken it to his house. I felt so bad when his mom (DD) told him that doing without the cow was the price one pays for not taking care of your toys. (That was when I knew why God gave children to young people <g>). Anyway, I started trying to remember what was going on in the house at his last visit, and then I remembered! I had rearranged the furniture. Last time, the couch had been perpendicular to the bank of windows, but now, the couch was in front of the windows. I went over to the couch, looked down at the window sill, and there it was - - I made EVERYONE come out and see the boy get his cow <g>. It was one of those little cows from the Fisher Price Farm set? Bless his heart ... he HAD taken good care of his toys. LOL
I think it is so neat to have kids come and drag out all of the their toys ... I know you must be tired when niece goes home, but just think! All of that bending over and picking up toys will whittle your waist!
Thanks for letting me tell my stories ... I really enjoy the things I have seen and experienced .... well, most of the time <g>
Old 05-22-2009, 05:40 PM

That is adorable!! I want a big one. :D
Old 05-22-2009, 06:10 PM

What a fun gift to give and obv. will be loved forever:0)Great choice! Skeat :D
Old 05-22-2009, 10:51 PM

Man, that's seriously cute!
Old 05-24-2009, 12:34 PM

There will be a happy little girl somewhere! Great job!
Old 05-24-2009, 12:45 PM

Sew sweet. I love the stories! :lol: :lol:
Old 05-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Power Poster

well, that's one project that turned into a 10, Red!!!
Sometimes, it's good to wait till ya feel like ya got it right, and i would say, you got that just right!!! woo hoo, I love it!
Now, she has something to beat on the pots about...
shish boom bah!!! :wink:

and the picture of her with the horse! toooo sweeeet!!!! :wink:
Old 05-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Power Poster

Oh he is adorable omak. Thanks for sharing more about him. Give him big hugs from me. I like him .. No one is going to tell him he doesn't have a cow! LoL!

Thanks everyone for enjoying the little doll quilt. I am pretty sure she will enjoy playing with it. Like I said, she is the most grateful child.

Have a wonderful memorial day everyone. I hope your weather is really nice for it.
Old 05-24-2009, 05:54 PM

Oh i just love this she's going to enjoy this you done some pretty work there i want a big one
Old 05-24-2009, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Oh he is adorable omak. Thanks for sharing more about him. Give him big hugs from me. I like him .. No one is going to tell him he doesn't have a cow! LoL!

Thanks everyone for enjoying the little doll quilt. I am pretty sure she will enjoy playing with it. Like I said, she is the most grateful child.

Have a wonderful memorial day everyone. I hope your weather is really nice for it.
The boy is now fifteen, and a foot taller than me! LOL ... and, he does have a LOT of cows now. Of course, these ones move and make messes on the slabs, but then ... he is building a lot of muscle (I keep telling him!) I told him the cow story this morning at breakfast at the Post. I will let him know you sent him a hug though ... and, thank you very much.
I'm with the other girl .... I like that quilt, too! I think it is the red, white, and blue with Sunbonnet Sue .... what a dandy combination!