Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
they've opened their gifts ..........so I can show them >

they've opened their gifts ..........so I can show them

they've opened their gifts ..........so I can show them

Old 12-30-2013, 03:13 PM

nice gifts! Did the young man request purple!! I thought the first picture was for his xmas gift! A massage to his upper back!!! Tinker
Old 12-30-2013, 07:17 PM

It was for his daughter, the young lady on the computer in one of the first pictures. LOL He is a sweetheart, when I asked for someone to model he stepped up to the plate. He got the hat that he's wearing and the pillow, plus some cookies, popcorn and nuts. He said he loved all of it. The red and black one was his wife's. She also got a framed dolly, she her Mother and my daughter received them and they all three had tears in their eyes. They were crocheted by their great grad mothers years ago. I got a hold of them some time ago, and decided to surprise them with them. Needless to say, they were surprised. You see I tricked them by asking for them to use as patterns. My daughter's, I got from her great grand mother's estate sale. I've had them for year, waiting for just the right moment. I made 5 of the wall hangings,10 ponchos, 5 pillows and I lost count of the hats and scarfs, 5 pairs of curtains,not counting all the candies, cookies, ad the dinner for all. I worked day and night till my fingers were bleeding. All better now. Thanks for all your nice comments.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:06 PM

You did some great gifts. I'm sure your family loves them.
Your poor guy. When my husband had his detached retina, he had to keep his head all the way over to his shoulder for several days. That was enough to make him go crazy. To be in the face down position, we both would have been crazy. My sister's doctor waited several days to take care of hers and she is now blind in 1 eye. People don't realize what a serious condition it is and how quickly it is irreparable. Good luck to him.

Last edited by Jannie; 12-30-2013 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:27 PM

I love all your projects and your models are great! Home made gifts and gifts from the heart are the best.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:23 AM

Great gifts-must have taken you a long time.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker View Post
Such wonderful gifts!! And, your model is cute too. I'm not sure about the guy in the first picture. But, I think you should check for a pulse. I think he exercised 2 minutes too long. hehehehehe!
He's not exercising, in that chair because he had a detached Retina, he had to stay like that for 22 of 24 hours a day for two weeks after his eye surgery.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:14 PM

What a wonderful Christmas your loved ones had! Very nice but boy you must have been one busy person! I almost ordered the Christmas tree and animal panel, just loved it but already had a work in progress, I just love it! Great job.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:14 AM

Gee that is a lot of beautiful work there.