Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Those bright beautiful "splashes" in the Black and Whites are sometimes people >

Those bright beautiful "splashes" in the Black and Whites are sometimes people

Those bright beautiful "splashes" in the Black and Whites are sometimes people

Old 03-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Banned

i agree with everyone. I feel so blessed to have my fabric angels help me out when i first started AND they keep me sewing..... I love helping out when i can do.... Its fun..
Old 03-01-2009, 08:20 AM

I agree too. I had a lovely lady send me some patterns from a kit that I had never received. AND then she included fabric! The postage was astronomical and my DH said you have to pay her back! I told him I tried and was told no, just help someone else out when they need it. I have and will continue to. DH was just stunned that people would do this! I told him it's not surprising on this board.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:12 PM

We may be or may not be angels, but for sure, we are quilters and so far, I have not met a quilter who has not been an exceptional person ! My question is: how do I send fabrics to another person? Enjoy this newsletter so much !
Old 03-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

Karo...if you feel someone is in need of helping...you can send a PM and ask for their address if you don't already have it. Also...if you know that they signed up for a swap or something and you want to be anonomous or sneaky...you can ask someone else if they happen to have that person's address and if they could share it with you for that purpose. We are careful about giving out addresses on here...but, if you want to help someone...there are ways to find out :wink:
Old 03-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

How sweet of you marcia! Good job!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Karo
We may be or may not be angels, but for sure, we are quilters and so far, I have not met a quilter who has not been an exceptional person ! My question is: how do I send fabrics to another person? Enjoy this newsletter so much !
How do you send fabrics to another person?
Well....here's how you do it.
1. You get MY address
2. Pack up ALL your fabric nicely into a box. You can use mulitple boxes if it doesn't fit into just one box.
3. Tape the box up nicely
4. Bring to post office and mail to me!
:) :) :) :)
Ok, I had to make a "funny".
It's easy to send to someone. Just read the board for someone who is needing help. It doesn't have to be fabric help either. It could be someone having a bad day, someone having a good day,,,,,anything. Then put a little something into an envelope. Doesn't have to be much. Send it off. Let me tell you....the smiles that will be beaming from the recipient is awesome!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 02:39 AM

The amazing thing to me, Terri--is I've never "needed" help. It is easy (an obvious choice) to send fabric to those who have financial issues or who have run out of something we have.. or whatever, but to just pick a person and offer because it fits with a project they're doing.... I guess that's what's so amazing to me. And it's appreciated so much--it makes the quilt more special for sure. This has happened to me several times now and it just makes my heart swell. not to mention postage is expensive--I know from sending a few packages myself.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
The amazing thing to me, Terri--is I've never "needed" help. It is easy (an obvious choice) to send fabric to those who have financial issues or who have run out of something we have.. or whatever, but to just pick a person and offer because it fits with a project they're doing.... I guess that's what's so amazing to me. And it's appreciated so much--it makes the quilt more special for sure. This has happened to me several times now and it just makes my heart swell. not to mention postage is expensive--I know from sending a few packages myself.
Oh, I totally understand! It's those Angels that are out there that just "make your day". Just a simple gesture to give you a little oomph and get you on your quilting way.
That's just one of the great things about this board. People willing to help people out and asking for nothing in return. Just does your heart good, doesn't it? :) :)
Old 03-02-2009, 07:46 AM

In my short time of quilting, I've learnt that quilters are the most friendly and are always kind. They'll help you out when you need it or ask..
Old 03-03-2009, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by barnbum
Oh, I totally understand! It's those Angels that are out there that just "make your day". Just a simple gesture to give you a little oomph and get you on your quilting way.
That's just one of the great things about this board. People willing to help people out and asking for nothing in return. Just does your heart good, doesn't it? :) :)
This was awfully nice of Marcia...and gives me an opportunity to "kind of" let you in on a secret...well, actually I am going to keep you in suspense...someone else on this board just did a perfectly lovely thing for me, and although it will take me a little while to do my project, I have to wait for funds and travel.
I can't wait...it will be so much fun and then I can let you in on who my angel is. You won't be surprised at all, she is a known sweetie...now your thinking of about a hundred ppl on here, aren't you? lol...this place is so full of kind, good hearted ppl, it's amazing. And some just keep you in stitches...lol...(terri???)...stay tuned.