Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Vanuatu Jill's Blue Beauty...quilted by Charisma >

Vanuatu Jill's Blue Beauty...quilted by Charisma

Vanuatu Jill's Blue Beauty...quilted by Charisma

Old 04-20-2011, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by charismah
Jill sent me this quilt...she has had it done for quite some time..thinking she would eventually hand quilt this beauty. She gave me the honor of long arm quilting it for her.

WOW!! is all I can really say.
This is a beautiful quilt! She and I discussed design options and came up with feathers and leaves....it is hard to see in the pictures but the blue fabric has leaves all over the pattern...so the leaves were appropriate.
The cream background fabric is a great CANVAS for feathers.....It will be very hard for me to send this quilt back home.

I hope she loves it as much as she would have if she hand quilted it.
BLessings!

I quilted this on my INNOVA. No computer or pantograph quilting...all freehand.

I used Hobbs polydown batting.

Thanks for looking!
Even though I can't remember all of them, I think this is one of your best! Do you always use polydown? Or is that what each individual has asked for? Thanks. Ellen
Old 04-20-2011, 10:04 PM

Gee-thanks everyone for such great encouragement and kind words!! I loved the quilt too, and really enjoyed making it-just never realized how great it would look quilted. I'm so glad I decided to have Charisma work her magic on it instead of hand-quilting it. I wouldn't have done it justice. By the way, it was from a book called something like "Two Color Quilts"-can't remember who by (I am still in Vanuatu so don't have it with me). Wish it was my design, but I am not that artistic or clever!!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Banned

HI everyone,

I posted in the original post that I used

Hobbs Polydown batting

I buy this batting because I like the look of it and I also love that it doesn't beard and I don't get any lint build up.

I keep this on hand and use it for my quilters. Some quilters choose to send me a different batting with their quilts. I will quilt with any batting they want to send and I try to post which kind of batting is in each quilt.

I personally have used all types of batting...for me it depends on the quilt..but mostly I use the Polydown because I like the look.

:thumbup:
Old 04-20-2011, 11:07 PM

Another stunningly beautiful quilt, made even more beautiful by outstanding quilting. I am just amazed at how you keep doing these, each better than the one before, if that could be possible. You are both to be congratulated on a wonderful job.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:25 PM

This is beautiful beyond words. I'm in awe! Thank you for showing this piece of art by both of you.
Old 04-21-2011, 12:59 AM

Absolutely beautiful!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:52 AM

SO striking! You both did an excellent job!!

delma
Old 04-21-2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by charismah
HI everyone,

I posted in the original post that I used

Hobbs Polydown batting

I buy this batting because I like the look of it and I also love that it doesn't beard and I don't get any lint build up.

I keep this on hand and use it for my quilters. Some quilters choose to send me a different batting with their quilts. I will quilt with any batting they want to send and I try to post which kind of batting is in each quilt.

I personally have used all types of batting...for me it depends on the quilt..but mostly I use the Polydown because I like the look.

:thumbup:
Hi Charismah, Thank you for your reply re the batting. I was just curious because of how often you use it. I agree that the "look" depends on the batting used. Again, the quilt is beautiful and the quilting is beautiful!!!

Thank you for showing the back of the quilt also....it is wonderful and I love to be able to see the quilting on the back. Thanks for sharing both sides each time you show a quilt. Ellen
Old 04-21-2011, 08:06 AM

If I would ever stop spending all of my time on here looking at everyone's beautiful quilts, maybe I would finish mine so you can quilt it too. Wonderful job!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:20 AM

Beautiful!!!!