Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Visited my new favorite shop today!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I guess I am becoming a regular customer at Shane Lee. The little fabric/clothing shop here in Murray. She really gave me great deals today. I was shocked. I bought 12 plus yards of fab and it only cost me $12.00. Six of the fabs were $6.99 and the other 6 were $4.99. Also there was a yard end piece left on one of the bolts and she said I am just gonna give you this. They really have some nice fabric's in this shop and they are so friendly.

This is the end of my buying spree. I have vowed not to buy anymore. That is I will buy only each time I lose 10 pounds of fat. I have been bad last couple of months with my diet and it is time to get back on the boat.

Blenders
    Name:  Attachment-123201.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  30.9 KB

Prints
    Name:  Attachment-123202.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  82.2 KB

Batik's. Aren't these cute.
    Name:  Attachment-123203.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  40.8 KB

Wow. You got a great deal.

I am rooting for you Carrie, your fabric is fantastic, so nice of them to sell it to you at such a great price :) re: diet... Have you ever followed a died of no more than 45 carbs per meal? three snacks not over 20 carbs.. morning noon and after dinner? When my son in law bacame a diabetic we at home followed this diet. tried to stay with healty carbs... I lost 25 lbs in 2 months and need I say my Dr. was shocked, she actually bowed to me hahaha.... any way give it a try. I hear oatmeal is what they call a free carb, hmmm no not all day long :) good luck to you on your diet... (((hugs)))

beautiful fabs, and carrie, don't be to hard on you. Enjoy life a little, but find a new treat with fabrics instead of calories. We are all here for you and will encourage you all we can, If I can do it, anybody can.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful fabric!! Love them all.

Blog Entries
    I really love the star prints. Does she have any more?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplemem
    I really love the star prints. Does she have any more?
    I do believe she did.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
    beautiful fabs, and carrie, don't be to hard on you. Enjoy life a little, but find a new treat with fabrics instead of calories. We are all here for you and will encourage you all we can, If I can do it, anybody can.
    Thank you!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cheryl rearick
    I am rooting for you Carrie, your fabric is fantastic, so nice of them to sell it to you at such a great price :) re: diet... Have you ever followed a died of no more than 45 carbs per meal? three snacks not over 20 carbs.. morning noon and after dinner? When my son in law bacame a diabetic we at home followed this diet. tried to stay with healty carbs... I lost 25 lbs in 2 months and need I say my Dr. was shocked, she actually bowed to me hahaha.... any way give it a try. I hear oatmeal is what they call a free carb, hmmm no not all day long :) good luck to you on your diet... (((hugs)))
    Not sure I could do that!! Here is the honest truth I don't like to have to have to count the calories or carbs. I just cut back on what I eat and gave up sweets but since Christmas I have let the bad stuff back in and I am paying for it. LOL!!

Great haul!

they are fantastic! have fun with them!

Very nice fabrics and a bargain too!

Blog Entries
    Carrie, I need you to go shopping for me!! LOL

Hi Carrie, keep it up girl, it is Ok to take time out from dieting but as my doc said, it is the cholesterol that talks!!

Love your fabrics, that must be some shop. If I'm ever out that way I'll be sure and stop. My daughter has a phone interview this coming Friday with the university of Kentucky in Lexington. I'm keeping my figures crossed for her. Maybe Kentucky will be my new destination!:)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    Hi Carrie, keep it up girl, it is Ok to take time out from dieting but as my doc said, it is the cholesterol that talks!!

Love your fabrics, that must be some shop. If I'm ever out that way I'll be sure and stop. My daughter has a phone interview this coming Friday with the university of Kentucky in Lexington. I'm keeping my figures crossed for her. Maybe Kentucky will be my new destination!:)
    If your ever out this way you better give me a hollar! :-) My Sis and bro-n-law live in Lexington and they love it there. It's too big for me, I like the small cities.

I really like the black and white one

Nice score!

Echoing everybody on: don't be hard on yourself!

Look at all that "sweet" fabric, now you don't need any sweet treats LOL

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Hi Carrie! I loooove your fabbies!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree with cutting back ( I hate counting calories etc) but also get out and do some walking if you can.
    Exercise has always helped me lose weight when I get the willpower to do it lol

Beautiful selection. I know you will make it into fantastic quilts.

nice fabric... awsome deal

Blog Entries
    I love the fabrics!

Boy did you luck out! Great stash builder you picked up. And we all have up and down months when it comes to dieting. I suck at dieting. Recently however I was told I needed a low protein diet which amazingly is like a low carb diet at the same to. I was not impressed HOWEVER lost 29lbs in 6 weeks. I was shocked at what had protein in it. Spinach? I had thought ah a bag of spinach I can eat that instead of meat. HAH. One bag of spinach (which cooks down to a cereal bowl) is 12 grams of protein. With only 30 a day allowed that nixed that good plan. I don't miss it much. I do miss the carbs (they are loaded with protein too) but not enough to think on it. The upside with all that fabric if you stick with the no shopping rule is.. you now have incentive to sew your fingers off for the next few weeks and with all that time behind the machine.. who has time to shop or eat? Win win if you ask me!

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the compliments on the fab's and for the advice on the weight loss. I will succeed!!!

What a haul. It is wonderful to have such a wonderful relationship with a retailer plus your winning smile and cheery personality...is that it? Happy planning to use all that beautiful fabric.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Carrie, you already have succeeded as far as I'm concerned. You are a dear friend to all!!
    I mentioned how I dislike counting calories, points etc- my reason is b/c it just seems to make me focus too much on what I can't have, if that makes any sense!
    I do a lot better when I cut down what I eat, drink lots of water, and walk. Maybe it's just psychological but it works for me :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast