Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Wall Hanging to Celebrate our Hobby

Wow, it's beautiful and I see you included my new best friend the seam ripper. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    An awesome tribute and such a wonderful job on the quilt. I so envy your talent! :D

lin
    That's some really good work Connie! I love this quilt. If you're this good with the fabrics you can gather, I'd love to see what you could do with a huge stash! :) That rotary cutter almost looks real enough to cut you! Really, such good work.

I'm glad you figured out what to do about the wavy edges. I've found that if I use a thinner batting, and use a single binding on smaller wall hangings, they tend to lay against the wall better and not be so wiggly. :)

It really is wonderful!! The sewing machine reminds me of the one my mother used for years and years.

How fun!!! Nice work!

Great job! I love the idea of "Quilting Sue."

I would like to know how to find this pattern to purchase. I tried "Needles & Notions" but it didn't give me any info. Thanks for your help.

Blog Entries
    twoboysgrammy, here is a search that I did and there are a few listings for the book with this pattern, hope this helps!!!

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=msgr-buddy&ei=UTF-8&p=%20Sewing%20Room%20Theme%20%20Jaynette%20Huff

I'm new to this board so I don't know any of you. But someone posted very good information on getting the pattern for the Quilting Sue. As it turns out, I already have the book! Now I have an idea for something for my quilting room. Many thanks to the kind poster.

Blog Entries
    you are very welcome, that is what is so great about joining here, help is all around :D

That is so cute...clever idea. Love it.

That is so cute...clever idea. Love it.

Hi, Connie
    I have bought the smallest dowels, and inserted them into the binding on one of my wall hangings that had a tendency to do this. With the mitered binding, I could just slip them in and out as needed.
    Debra

Thank you for the complements, everyone. The foundation piecing was a challenge because the blocks were small (6 inches), but I was pleased with the results.

I've just returned from the US where I celebrated by younger son's graduation (Master in Psychology) and my elder son's wedding. Now I am thinking of my next foundation pieced project.

Happy quilting all. 8)

Connie

Connie,
    I had seen this post before and thought oh wow, that is beautiful and I could have sworn that I posted but I guess I didn't. I love this. You did a wonderful job! I haven't tried foundation piecing yet, you make it look so easy! :D

By the way, congratulations on your son's graduation and your other son's wedding. I bet you are very proud of them. Glad to have you back on here with us! :)

Love the wall hanging. Would like to make one for my sewiing room. where did you get the pattern. Havn't attempted anything like this would sure would love tol

beautiful work

Jane sisk

Hi Jane,

The pattern that we used came from the book Needles and Notions: Paper Pieced patterns with a Sewing Room Theme by Jeanette Huff. A friend brought the book from the US and several of us in our quilting club used it to make our wall hangings. Scroll up to amma's posting of Sept. 6 and check out the websearch that she made to locate the book.

Happy quilting.

Connie

I had one that was doing the wave as well. I had some very thin dowels and slid them into the binding on the back at the mitre on the sides and bottom. Left them in for probably a year, and now it doesn't need them. Hangs nice and straight. I don't sew the mitres closed when I apply my binding. It is my avatar picture.

Blog Entries
    Very nice work. Lebanon? Don't they have wonderful local ethnic fabrics there? I have a friend who came back from Kurdistan & Pakistan and emailed pictures of local ethnic fabrics. I was amazed at how colorful and beautiful they were and we never see these ethnic cottons in the US. She is shipping some , I can hardly wait. Looking forward to seeing more of you work on the board.

Blog Entries
    just love the quilt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2