Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Clearance Fabric

I don`t get a b-day gift from my husband and my nearest Wal=Mart said they would carry material, so I waited a good long time only to be told now that they changed their minds. I tried on-line and while ,the prices are never $2.50 a yard. the verity is good and so far I have never been disappointed.No, I never thought of getting a husband on line.

I too love most of the fabric in walmart, you did good, happy quilting
    Doreen

Nice fabrics!
    Family is a priority, not a convenience!
    Take time to be friendly... It's the road to happiness.
    Take time to give... It is too short a day to be selfish.

If it is a good quality fabric and I like it, I buy it! I have found some great fabric at great prices.

I purchased some BEAUTIFUL cream on cream 109" backing last week at Wal-Mart for 4.99 a yard! It was a great weight and thread count.

Blog Entries
    Even though I'm on a fabric fast, when I saw this post, I took a trip to Walmart. There was a clearance section, but sadly it was EMPTY!
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    I went to a local WM when I was in Denver close to where we were going to meet our daughter; and found OOODLES of fabric on sale for 1.00 a yard and snagged that up for quilts or garment sewing. I was talking to the Dept Head of Fabric and she was telling me they are going thru a remodel and all the WM's that have material will be doing the same .. SO ladies watch your WM's in your areas!!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I agree, Walmart has some good/some not so good fabric....just have to be picky! Happy Birthday!

Blog Entries
    The only problem I had relating to Walmart was the batting. I made a pieced tote bag in a complicated design that I love but noticed that little bits of batting poke through and ruined it. It was the first I had heard of 'bearding'. I had already put together a baby quilt and was worried that it was the the same batting so, as a precaution, I made up a quilted square and washed it. It bearded all over - clearly the Walmart product - so I undid all the tacking on the quilt and threw the horrid batting away. It made me very wary of Walmart sewing products.

Suzan
    (Maine)
    Choose to be happy

I've been a fan of Walmart fabrics for the past 30 years. Some I've gotten was great, some not so much, but even the not so great can work for certain things. I got several pieces in the $1/yd sale a few years back that I'm guessing are 100% polyester. They work wonderfully well for purse/tote linings.
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krabadan View Post
    I'm a fan of Walmart fabric too
    Me too -- as a matter of fact the turquoise and white in the bottom row I made curtains out of for my bedroom and once I move to my own place they will be recycled into a quilt

A couple of weeks ago I got some gorgeous fabrics at my local Wal-Mart in the $2.00 per yard sale! I should post a photo. It's all really nice, medium weight cotton and the colors are lovely. Not sure what I'm going to do with it quite yet. I noticed that the table has dwindled down now (I'm in the WM every day, it seems, for something or other). Most of what's left is either fleece or really ugly!

happy birthday and i know you will certainly enjoy your fabric.. and I also am a walmart fabric shopper ... it is the closest store to us that sells fabric..and i love the cost.. post pictures when you finish your projects and most of all enjoy the fabric

Glad you have Wal-Mart fabric. Ours doesn't. Lovely fabrics.

great gift!!

There are 2 Walmarts near me that had fabric and removed it. A third new one never had it--isn't one of the "superstores". When I kept seeing on this and other lists that they were bringing fabric back, I was so excited. Called the two and both said there was no plan to restore the fabric dept. One manager said he was trying to get it done but that only "selected stores" were doing this. Both stores are near a JoAnn's so I don't know if that has anything to do with it but I was really upset. One of these esp. was the first place I always checked for fabric. I guess I'll just keep pestering them and maybe they'll get "on the list"!

Happy Birthday to you !
    You are so blessed to have a WalMart w/a fabric department,ours is gone for years.

Anxious to see what you make w/all the lovely colors,please keep us updated
    lp

Happy Birthday! Looks like a great fabric haul to me too. I buy fabric that I like wherever I find it.
    Kathleen, a lass with a bit of the Irish in her blood and a whole lot of Irish in her heart

Beautiful fabric, lucky you!! Happy Birthday! I too buy from Walmart for two reasons, one , it is very close to my home and another I'm not always able to drive 45 mins. to Hobby Lobby which is my next option. I do, however, buy small pieces if I find something I like take it home wash it then decide how much I want of it, better to have a little I'm not happy with than a lot. I do get some good fabric there the big problem is getting someone over there to cut it.

Damn! You did good girl!! Can't wait to see what you make with your score!! BTW, Happy Birthday!! What a great gift!
    Linda
    Pets are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. (Roger Caras made this quote about dogs, but I love cats too!)

Blog Entries
    Looks like you have had a very Happy Birthday! Your fabric is very pretty! You just have to watch what you are getting wherever you are shopping. Great bargain!

Nice fabric, and inspiring to know that we can find it right close to home at our local Walmart!!

I especially like the black and white selections.

Our walmart is doing the same thing. They have a bin by the regular fabric and have all kinds of fabric under $4 a yard

Blog Entries
    looks like you had a wonderful day and a great time! can't beat that!! ( would you tell your dh, my birthday is in may)!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast