Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
In way over my head... >

In way over my head...

In way over my head...

Old 06-11-2010, 02:03 PM

You did a beautiful job! Can't wait to see more!
Old 06-11-2010, 02:33 PM

:mrgreen: Your compliments are very much appreciated, and make me want to buy another one of her patterns. I just better finish the stuff I am working on first. :lol:
Thanks all for the nice words.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:14 PM

Great Job! Love the pattern and your challenge. That is a good way to learn new things. Hooray for your preserverance.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:25 PM

Congrats on your stick-to-itiveness!! I'm not at all sure I could have hung in there. Well done! It's beautiful and anyone would be proud to hang it on their wall.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:30 PM

My, you chose a rather complicated looking pattern for your first attempt. Congrats on a nice finish!
Old 06-11-2010, 11:09 PM

This Grandma is so proud of you, on several levels.

#1) You did not throw it out the window.
Lesson from Grandma: when you reach your threshold of patience, take a break, walk away and come back after a cup of soothing Chamomile tea, or if it's even worse than that, next week. Just come back.

#2) You have a wonderfully supportive man in your life, who by the way, is proud of what you accomplish, even if it is not perfect. He is worth keeping.

#3) I am proud of you for NOT deciding once was enough for a lifetime, now that you have discovered that it was intermediate, the beginner ones are next...you may discover they feel a bit boring in comparison.

#4) You could hang your Welcome quilt in my home anytime, and I would not even see the imperfections. We are always either or best supporters or our worst critics...and sometimes it is both.

Thank you for posting and sharing with us.

I am a rebel. At a judged quilt show they held in our area, I put some of my real best work, but I also put some easy stuff, including a cheater panel that I had done some very fine hand work on...so that new or potentially new quilters could think to themselves, "I could do that" and not feel so overwhelmed they would never begin. When I was teaching school, piecework, tying and quilting were part of my math class for the elementary age children. We only did our sewing/quilting on Friday, and only if they had gotten their work done for the week.
Teach them young, they will feel confident and by the time they are old enough to notice it is not good work, it will be better.

If you did this well on your first, and worked through all the issues, someday I can see women ogling over your quilts and inventive techniques at a grand quilt show. Honest. Grandma would not lie to you. :-)
Old 06-13-2010, 05:26 AM

You all are so kind, thanks for the nice comments.

Grandma12, I love Chamomile tea :D
Old 06-13-2010, 11:12 AM

What a beautiful quilt! You have so much to be proud of and it inspires us all. I think I will look at Cynthia England's site again. I love her designs and you have shown me what can be done! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-14-2010, 03:59 AM

Congrats on the beautiful wall hanging. You did a great job. Kudos to you for hanging in there I think it was worth it.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:10 AM

You did a fantastic job on it and congratulations on having the fortitude to stay with it. I wouldn't have even attempted to do that pattern.