Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Well, I think we can see where this is all heading... >

Well, I think we can see where this is all heading...

Well, I think we can see where this is all heading...

Old 07-09-2011, 01:00 PM

Yep!!! I agree that a pretty bed runner and a wall hanging would be lovely! :thumbup: And you know, once you turn down the spread, you're going to need a new quilt for the bed so your guests don't catch a chill!! :D :D
Old 07-09-2011, 01:23 PM

Bedrunner and wall hanging will be the right touch.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by karenm36
and I hope my DDH is going to be understanding! lol! :roll:

Our son moved and we ended up with his queen size bed for our guest room. Wonderful for us but then of course...that meant a mini-makeover for the room! So, it was only going to be 3 little decorative pillows. (I have 2 done and one to go). But now the little pillows seem lost in this sea of white...so I'm thinking I now "need" a bed runner for the foot of the bed. Then the wall at the head of the bed seems so bare...so it seems a wall hanging will also be "needed". ;)

What do you think? Think a bed runner and a wall hanging would be too much...or just the right touch for this guest room mini-makeover?

Thanks for your input! Karen
This idea sounds like a fun summer project. Try doing it just out of your stash? Don't for get to post after pictures for us.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:36 PM

Absolutely both. And when you are finished please post pictures. It will be right out of Better Homes and Gardens.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:42 PM

I love the idea of a bed runner & a wallhanging. I think it would set it up nicely
Old 07-09-2011, 03:57 PM

I think both additions would look awesome..def need more color in the room..it's gonna be lovely
Old 07-09-2011, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
Originally Posted by karenm36
and I hope my DDH is going to be understanding! lol! :roll:

Our son moved and we ended up with his queen size bed for our guest room. Wonderful for us but then of course...that meant a mini-makeover for the room! So, it was only going to be 3 little decorative pillows. (I have 2 done and one to go). But now the little pillows seem lost in this sea of white...so I'm thinking I now "need" a bed runner for the foot of the bed. Then the wall at the head of the bed seems so bare...so it seems a wall hanging will also be "needed". ;)

What do you think? Think a bed runner and a wall hanging would be too much...or just the right touch for this guest room mini-makeover?

Thanks for your input! Karen
This idea sounds like a fun summer project. Try doing it just out of your stash? Don't for get to post after pictures for us.
Stash?! I wish! I just started quilting so my "stash" consists of just a few leftovers from a few previous projects. BUT...I did find this polka dot fabric (in the pillows) at WalMart marked down so I'm going to go get a bit more and use it as much as possible...even as the backing on the bed runner. I'm being as frugal as I possible can be. At least I won't be buying furniture or painting the room...so I can tell my DDH that I'm "saving" us money by only making these additions and not purchasing any thing new! lol!
Old 07-09-2011, 04:13 PM

Karen, I think that would give the room a wonderful touch of welcome to any house guest. :thumbup: Will you taking reservations for the room when it's finished :?: :?: :?:
Old 07-09-2011, 04:18 PM

I think a runner would be great to add a little color but I think you need real art of some kind on the wall. Too much of a good thing can well, just be too much. Remember Patti's well decorated room with the Yo-yo quilt and Paris decor??
Old 07-09-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by desertrose
Karen, I think that would give the room a wonderful touch of welcome to any house guest. :thumbup: Will you taking reservations for the room when it's finished :?: :?: :?:
You bet!! Though be forewarned, any visitors that come when I've got a quilting project going on...will likely be cooking for themselves if they want to eat. lol! Why is it I cannot multitask housework/kitchen duties when I'm quilting? Guess the quilting is just too much fun!
:roll: