Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What is the name of the block used for the pink quilt on the far right? >

What is the name of the block used for the pink quilt on the far right?

What is the name of the block used for the pink quilt on the far right?

Old 04-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by k3n
It's possible that the star was English Paper Pieced, ie over templates. I've seen similar designs here in England in quilt museums... :-D The templates could easily be traced off a drawn picture and cut out of old envelopes, if anyone feels like a bit of hand sewing... :-D
Hi, That is a very good question. I don't see why it couldn't be done that way as well. I just finished my test block that I pieced from my paper piecing instructions and it worked out well. I am fine tuning everything before I put it here on the board.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Old 04-27-2011, 09:47 AM

Can't wait till I try this block with Paper Piecing.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Aimee G
Barbara Brackman has it's name listed as "The Triple Star Quilt" in her Encyclopedia of Pieced Patterns. Can't Find a pattern but it could easily be drawn out on graph paper.
Hi, just checked that book and the one there is very similar but not quite the same block. The one is the book the points of the 2nd and 3rd star come out the same distance whereas the one in the picture the 2nd star points only come out a small distance about a third of way that the 3rd star points do. It definitely looks to be a variation of the triple star.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Old 05-05-2011, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Karen,

After seeing this post much earlier today I have spent countless hours looking in books, online and in my EQ7 for this pattern. I hate to say that I have not found the name of this block for you. So the next best thing I recreated the block and here is my version that I will call "Candlequilter Star" and dedicate it to anyone and everyone who has ever used candle light to quilt by. I feel this is very appropriate since the picture that danjfalke posted was of a very old quilt and probably quilted by candle. So here is my version of that block. PM me if you have any questions. I will be working on EQ7 to get directions out.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Thank you!!! We are patiently :roll: waiting (color patterns and fabrics are running thru our heads at first sight ) :thumbup:
Old 05-05-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Originally Posted by Anna.425
I love this quilt and you did a great job of recreating the star. I have never made this style of star quilt (or any star quilt)and am wondering what the traditional way of making it would be. Applique?
There are several ways that star blocks can be made. Many are pieced, paper pieced, as well as appliqued. Because of the way the points are offset in this one makes it a little more difficult to be a regular pieced block, but I am in the process of make a paper pieced instructions for it.

Thanks,
Sherryl
;-) can't wait! can't wait!