Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Whatcha Workin on??????? >

Whatcha Workin on???????

Whatcha Workin on???????

Old 12-07-2009, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Oh gosh--lilblueeyes--what a gorgeous log cabin!!
barnbum,
Thanks so much ---- I am still working on it. I think if I had know it would be this hard to do a queen size I would have opted for smaller. But, it is a gift for my daughter and her husband. I am about 1/2 way done now. Will post pics when I get it all sewed together.
Love your rag quilts.. getting ready to do one of them too.
liblueeyes
Old 12-07-2009, 03:27 PM

The quilts posted are just wonderful! I love seeing what everyone else is working on. Some of those quilts I wish I'd made!

I've got one picture of the wedding quilt I'm working on for my sister. She is almost 40 and never been married (the original 40 year old virgin!) and her upcoming marriage is quite special. I'm going to run a cranberry (the colors for their bedroom) border with a square in a square set on point for the outer border. I've got until March to finish it so I'm not quite in total panic mode yet. It's made up completely of scraps from my scrap bins. I just need to go buy the cranberry fabric before I can continue.

I'll have to take pictures of the other things and post them in a bit. Which means I guess I'd better quit playing in here and go play in my quilt room. :-D

Wedding Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32583[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-32583.jpe  
Old 12-07-2009, 03:55 PM

Shhhhhh..... I'm not supposed to be working on any quilting right now, but I am bored out of my senses. I have sewn some mostly precut pieces together for a charity quilt. I also started yesterday a strip quilt. I won a pattern and a packet of Bali Pop strips at a guild meeting in September. Well, I decided I wanted to make the quilt slightly larger than just the package of Bali-Pops would make it so I (SHhhhh...) pulled some of my Bali fabrics and cut 12 more 2 1/2" strips. It took me all day, I could only cut 2 or 3 and had to rest and put my arm back in the sling but I got the 12 cut. Now for the "background" fabrics, maybe I can cut some tonight or Wednesday. It will take me a while, but it's something creative to do!!!

Love your quilt Tiffany!!!

I want to make a log cabin quilt here really soon. As soon as I can use my arm more.....
Old 12-07-2009, 03:57 PM

Tiffany--how the heck can that just be 4 squares and half square triangles??? It's gorgeous!! I wanna make one!! :D
Old 12-07-2009, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Tiffany--how the heck can that just be 4 squares and half square triangles??? It's gorgeous!! I wanna make one!! :D
It was a free pattern from Henscratch Quilting called Buckeye Beauty. It is soooooo easy!!! You don't worry about color, instead concentrating on the values. It is the placement of the values that makes the quilt. I plan on making me one sometime later in 2010, but I'm going to try it with the 2-inch squares instead of the 2.5-inch squares. I want more stripes in mine. :wink:

Okay, they aren't the best pictures but here are a couple more I'm working on. The baby quilt is one of 4 I'm making of the same pattern. There really isn't a pattern. I just needed something quick and whipped this up. The panels make it really easy! I figured I would just post one picture instead of 4. Each one has a different color for the star and border, but the pattern and panels are identical.

The purple quilt is for a friend's 3 year old. She's pregnant and I am making her a baby quilt. I didn't make one for her daughter when she was born so I am making her one now. The picture is at a terrible angle so it doesn't look very large, but it'll measure out around 45x38 inches. She loves purple and I'm going to quilt flowers, butterflies, and lady bugs on it. I just am waiting until I finish FMQ all my Christmas projects in the hopes that I'll improve enough to be able to finish this. It needs to be sent off in February.

Baby Quilts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34609[/ATTACH]

Quilt for 3 yr old
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34635[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-34609.jpe   attachment-34635.jpe  
Old 12-07-2009, 05:23 PM

Thanks! I have the Buckeye Beauty on my list, form quilters cache--but the color values weren't like that--I'll look at what your link suggests.

Gorgeous quilts there, too!! I LOVE that panel with the star idea. Wow!! And if that 3 yr old loves purple--what a very special big sister gift that will be!! :-D

Here's the Buckeye Beauty I was going to try--I like the smaller pieces much better. http://www.quilterscache.com/B/Bucke...ock_Page2.html
Old 12-07-2009, 05:24 PM

I am working on quilts for my two sets of French doors. The span of each door measures about 80X80...I doing two 40x80 for each door. Trying to quilt them in sections and having a little problem joining the sections, so taking a little break. Maybe it will go better in a day or so.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Barb_MO
I am working on quilts for my two sets of French doors. The span of each door measures about 80X80...I doing two 40x80 for each door. Trying to quilt them in sections and having a little problem joining the sections, so taking a little break. Maybe it will go better in a day or so.
Do you have a picture? We quilters just love to see what others are doing. I get so inspired by the ladies here! And the guy's too!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:01 PM

I have made 2 queen size Buckeye Beauties. I love the pattern. In fact I have about 80 squares leftover. I am thinking of making a valance for one of the bedrooms and some pillow shams too.
One of the Buckeye's is my DD#1 and she has 6 pillows, some quite large to match.
I got a little carried away making that one!!
Old 12-07-2009, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Originally Posted by Barb_MO
Do you have a picture? We quilters just love to see what others are doing. I get so inspired by the ladies here! And the guy's too!
Oh no, you wouldn't want to see it at this stage, maybe when I get the problem worked out, I'll let you see.