Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Whats wrong with this quilt/wallhanging? >

Whats wrong with this quilt/wallhanging?

Whats wrong with this quilt/wallhanging?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 AM

There is so much support for the 2nd arrangement but I beg to differ in that I think that the first arrangement is more interesting. The 2nd is more quiet/uninteresting. I think that if you can replace a few, not too many, of the gold triangles, you will probably be able to see a little more balance in the colour of the triangles. No matter what is said, you need to see what you prefer and go with your preference. I will be looking out for your finished quilt. Good Luck!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:34 AM

I think if you rearrange so the gold is not so close together it will be great. Just move the blocks around until you find what you like. I think it will be beautiful.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:15 AM

I think the blocks need to be rearranged and then the gold won't be so disturbing. I am looking at it from a diagonally pieced quilt, so to my eye, the center works ( the row with all the triangles facing down from upper right to lower left) and the row just to the right of it works too except for the bottom block - it should be gold. Try making a row above that center panel with all the triangles mirroring the row to the right of the center panel. Reverse or mirror ever row above and below the center panel. The movement will then be pleasant to follow. As it is now, the movement in the quilt is erratic and jarring so that all you see is gold with no rhyme or reason to it. Hope that helps and let me know if it does.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:15 AM

Being one who is more of a 'traditional' quilter who has recently begun enjoying 'modern' quilts I will say that I tended to go for the second placement . . . . . . then I went back to look at the first after reading one of the comments. I, too, see the plannedness of the triangles and think they dance more this way! I love the light to dark in both settings. Hope to hear and see what you decide.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:32 AM

I think I would just move some of this light and dark around mix it up some you have all the light on the top in one corner.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:37 AM

I think if the layout was different you would like it better.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:42 AM

All I see is the gold; maybe if the triangles were all going the same way.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:44 AM

I like the colors design your blocks in a different pattern. Now it looks like confetti. If this the look you want then keep this look,but if you don't change it up a bit. I do like the dark into the light.
God luck
Old 01-05-2013, 05:54 AM

I love the modern look of it. Try to mix the light blocks in with the dark..
Old 01-05-2013, 05:59 AM

I still like the first arrangement. I like the movement in the first one, like triangles drifting in the wind . Think I will make one like this.
Originally Posted by Mom3 View Post

I rearranged the gold to go all the same way. There are a couple of triangles where you have the fabric pattern going opposite than the rest of that block (indicated by the red 'x'). - Hope you don't mind I did this. Seeing it this way maybe you can visualize where you might want to make changes.