Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the REAL 15 clone please stand up

Blog Entries
    Mrs. Finch, I want to go shopping with you, but I am in No California! Wow, great job re-placing what was missing from thrift stores, but what about the machine that was in the cabinet you put Stitchy in? I love hearing the stories where someone 'completed' a machine using other machine parts, but I always wonder about the donor machines.

Mark, I have never seen a White like that one - really awesome looking machine.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Mark, I have never seen a White like that one - really awesome looking machine.

Nancy
    Thank you, Nancy.
    Mark

Mark,

These are really neat machines, but the threading is not intuitive at all. The threading on my 659 gave me fits when I first got it home. BUT I won that one and it sews very well now.

Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
    White Rotary 659. Made by Juki, and utilizes a rotary thread pickup system.
    Works, but needs a power cord/foot controller, a part for the bobbin winder, and maybe a bottom lamp shield.
    Cathy

"Most sewing machine problems are due to the carbon based unit in the chair in front of the machine"

Hi all! Just bought this Monarch the other day, without knowing much about it. Thanks to your thread here and the Sew-Classic article and manual download, I know so much now!

I honestly just wanted it for decoration, and thought that if it worked, then that is a bonus. Well, she does work! I have some things to sort out with the presser foot pressure. I need to get a replacement spool pin (though a chopstick works well in a pinch - ha!).

Don't you just love the color?! It's like a seafoam green in real life...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    It does look like your pressure foot knob at the top is messed up. Some of them pop up and you just pop it back down. That one looks like someone messed with it. Be very careful - that has a spring in there and when you let that nut go it may throw the pressure foot rod into the ceiling or hit you in the eye.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kristananne View Post
    Hi all! Just bought this Monarch the other day, without knowing much about it. Thanks to your thread here and the Sew-Classic article and manual download, I know so much now!

I honestly just wanted it for decoration, and thought that if it worked, then that is a bonus. Well, she does work! I have some things to sort out with the presser foot pressure. I need to get a replacement spool pin (though a chopstick works well in a pinch - ha!).

Don't you just love the color?! It's like a seafoam green in real life...
    Are there some stampings on the bottom of that machine? Did you get the pressure foot pressure knob fixed? I love that color!

Just rescued this Montgomery Ward this morning. There was a 552 New Home too rusted to hope and a brown crinkle finish Domestic. They were getting ready to spray paint them some neon colors like the ones already on the shelf, even the bobbin case in place! Its all turning now and the electric will have to wait. The bobbin case from my 1941 Singer fits it. I have more than one foot pedal with the little plug in box so will test the motor soon.

Can you see the little four leaf clovers on the faceplate? They are on the round light cover too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Life is made up of bits and pieces. You won't know how it'll turn out till its done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redmadder View Post
    Just rescued this Montgomery Ward this morning. There was a 552 New Home too rusted to hope and a brown crinkle finish Domestic. They were getting ready to spray paint them some neon colors like the ones already on the shelf, even the bobbin case in place! Its all turning now and the electric will have to wait. The bobbin case from my 1941 Singer fits it. I have more than one foot pedal with the little plug in box so will test the motor soon.

Can you see the little four leaf clovers on the faceplate? They are on the round light cover too.
    That MW clone is WONDERFUL - you will love it. Mine was made by Happy so I called it Happy Go Lucky...
    Last edited by miriam; 07-25-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Once I read a few pages back, I find a couple of people do have the 'clover' machine. The serial number is H259511. Can you compare your numbers so I can get an idea of the year? I'm guessing 1949. Hope to get her sewing soon. Yours are so pretty and clean.
    Life is made up of bits and pieces. You won't know how it'll turn out till its done.

Blog Entries
    My serial number is H610274, but that won't help you much with the year as I have no idea of the age of this one. Mine is in showroom condition except for a few minor pin scratches on the bed. The case does need recovering or the green cover glued back down. It sews well. For some reason it is my HST machine.

Here is a Pfaff 51 I picked up yesterday. It's in pretty good condition.

Name:  IMG_0001.JPG
Views: 783
Size:  778.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0002.JPG
Views: 690
Size:  755.5 KB
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlmack View Post
    Here is a Pfaff 51 I picked up yesterday. It's in pretty good condition.

Name:  IMG_0001.JPG
Views: 783
Size:  778.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_0002.JPG
Views: 690
Size:  755.5 KB
    WOW - there is now drool on my keyboard!!! WOW!!!

Blog Entries
    Mark, I collect Pfaffs and I did not know there was ever a Pfaff that was a 15 clone? Does it say made in Germany somewhere? I am really curious about your machine! I would love to find a Pfaff like you have! Great looking machine, but it doesn't look like a Pfaff to me! I am drooling and very curious where that machine was made? Most 15 clones were made in Japan?

Nancy

Very pristine machine Mark. Good score. Does it have a JA number on the "dark underside"? If so, it would have been made in Japan.
    Sweet Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Mark, I collect Pfaffs and I did not know there was ever a Pfaff that was a 15 clone? Does it say made in Germany somewhere? I am really curious about your machine! I would love to find a Pfaff like you have! Great looking machine, but it doesn't look like a Pfaff to me! I am drooling and very curious where that machine was made? Most 15 clones were made in Japan?

Nancy
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Very pristine machine Mark. Good score. Does it have a JA number on the "dark underside"? If so, it would have been made in Japan.
    It has 'PFAFF' in raised letters cast into the underside of the bed, and it has 'JA 35' stamped into the front apron below the bed.

Also, the accessory box has a Made in Japan sticker on it.

There was one on eBay that went for crazy money, but other than that, there is a complete lack of information regarding this particular model of machine.
    Mark

Hi, I'm new to this group. I'm told my sewing machine is a 15 clone...but it sure looks like a Singer. Is it worth keeping for reasons other than sentimental value? It was my mom's. Unfortunately, her Singer was given away w/ the Singer machine table, as was my grandmother's Singer threadle.

e.Name:  Front of Machine.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  892.5 KB

Name:  Left side with silver designs.JPG
Views: 609
Size:  1.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by amys1234 View Post
    Hi, I'm new to this group. I'm told my sewing machine is a 15 clone...but it sure looks like a Singer. Is it worth keeping for reasons other than sentimental value? It was my mom's.
    Welcome Amys. Yes, you have a 15 clone. I notice the tape across the decals, spread sewing machine oil liberally on the tape and let it soak. If you try to remove it as is you may remove the decals underneath. From the looks of the badge on the machine it is a Precision machine mfg in Japan. Look under the "dark underside" of the machine for a JA number.

If you don't have a manual for it you can download a free one here http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...ion-manual.pdf

Your machine is definitely a keeper.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Oh yes keep it! If you don't keep it drop it off at my place, then I'll clean it up and find it a good home. Those are so easy to maintain. They sew about anything. With the right foot they do nice free motion. I think the 15s are tops on my straight sew list.

Ok i just got these 2 today!! I did not clean them jet and the blue one is missing the bobbing case so maybe i can find one that fit if not i will put in on display in me bedroom hihi.

Name:  IMG_2959 (600x400).jpg
Views: 643
Size:  141.9 KBName:  IMG_2957 (400x600).jpg
Views: 558
Size:  128.9 KB
    This is my Singer 15M not sure what model it is. I would love to find the manual for her so if anyone know where i can find the manual please tell me!
    I really love the finish on her!

Name:  IMG_2967 (600x400).jpg
Views: 546
Size:  143.1 KBName:  IMG_2972 (400x600).jpg
Views: 548
Size:  136.6 KB
    I think this is a 15 clone but i'm not sure Love her blue color!

Blog Entries
    You can purchase a new bobbin case for about $13. The blue one is in such good condition, it'd be worth it to complete the machine.

The 15M is a new one to me. Another machine with a crinkle finish mixed with a shiny bed. Hmm.

Blog Entries
    The regular manual should do the job. It was posted early on this thread. If not go to Singerco and look there.

@ Irishrose Should it the Ideal brand of will it take a singer bobbincase?

@Miriam Thnx you keep giving me good advice hihi!

Blog Entries
    Tisch, I had to buy a universal bobbin case for a 1970s Montgomery Wards that came without one. It also fits a Admiral from the 40s and probably a Necchi from the same era and my 15 clone. There are basically only two types - I needed the one with the finger straight up. Check at sew-classic.com I was able to get at my local LQS for the same price with no shipping and easy returns. The brand doesn't matter - the quality and fit does.

Blog Entries
    Some of the Singer 15s have that little finger kind of in reverse of the others - kind of 11 instead of 1 o'clock.

Blog Entries
    The biggest problem with clones is when one gets in your house more sneak in to keep it company...

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 ... LastLast