Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
You all really like to see what fabric we've bought? >

You all really like to see what fabric we've bought?

You all really like to see what fabric we've bought?

Old 02-16-2008, 10:42 AM

Okay--the photo with the thread is from Joanne's, the other two are from the Mennonite shops my friend and I hit this morning. What a great way to start a week off! :D

The covered bridge piece is going to be the back of my barn quilt--with the red bordering the sides so it's big enough.

I'm off to sew!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-50916.jpe   attachment-50917.jpe   attachment-50918.jpe  
Old 02-16-2008, 10:55 AM

Yes indeed Karla, I especially like the two green prints in the third picture that you’ve posted. The pale one and the one with a little red in it are great. I'm a sucker for small prints lately. But, where's mine?
Old 02-16-2008, 11:10 AM

Oh me too, Steve!! The one with the red on it is Bittersweet I think. The other dark green in that photo is flannel--$4.25 a yard. It's a Thiumbleberry. The light one with the green leaves was buy one yd get one free. I like those words. :wink:

It was intersting for me to see all the moda labels after reading what kind of fabric folks like. Lots of moda in my piles. I didn't realize what it was. There's some RJR too. I never looked at labels before.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:16 AM

I’ll have to check out the new quilting shop I’ve found and see if they carry any of Thimbleberry’s fabric. The lattice chain Christmas quilt I've been planning could use such a print in it’s outer green chain; very, very pretty.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:37 PM

I like your haul........I haven't looked to see what labels I have......hold on and i'll see.......Garden Party byDonna Dewberry...Alexander HenryIts in the seeds bybCynthia Tomaszewski,..Kitchen Fruit by Marie Rose, mBT
and TAF.....these are from Joanns the rest are Joann designs.......Still I bought what I like any one know any of these lol
Old 02-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Power Poster

Great haul Karla..I especially like your choice for the barn quilt back...just right :thumbup:
Old 02-16-2008, 03:40 PM

I like it all especially the covered bridge print.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:14 PM

For the barn quilt back I almost chose a farm print--with barns and horses working in the fields and covered bridges, but it seemed too busy. I saw this one and knew it was better. Besides, my grandmother LOVED covered bridges. If she were alive I'd be making her something from that piece. Looking at it will make me think of her. :-)

The Mennonite owner--an awesome woman!! (You should see her quilts :shock: ) told me about a place where quilters take their works to be auctioned off. It's in July--I'm going to look into it. She sells gorgeous tops for $180--and sold one at auction for $245. She only adds a little to the price of the fabric. She said tops sell better than whole quilts because they're so much less. I'd LOVE to sell tops--skip the painful/expensive finishing. :D I'm going to look into the auction--find the specifics.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:42 PM

ooh the fabrics look yummy!!

I have a piece of that red brick fabric, but I still haven't decided what to put it in yet.. I'm sure I'll know when the time comes!! But I just loved it and HAD to have it LOL

Cheers
Old 02-17-2008, 06:49 PM

I love it too!! Mine will make more barns--but in single row wall hangings. :D I would never normally choose those light greens--but I needed more for grass. And it had to be in contrast with dark pine trees.