Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need Helpful Tips with Hubby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-helpful-tips-hubby-t164639.html)

SandraD 10-31-2011 08:39 AM

Bad news from my sewing machine tech....my machine is dead, may she RIP. Good News....I get to buy a new machine. I really, really want the Janome 6600. My hubby is a little concerned at the price tag (understandable)....any tips on how to convince him it's (or I'm) worth it??!!!

QuiltE 10-31-2011 08:42 AM

Get him thinking value for $.

More $ now, means you have a machine that will last you much longer than the lower end ones. That goes for the overall quality as well as in the tricks it'll do!

Kehoeta 10-31-2011 08:43 AM

I use this one on my hubby all the time.....

When you spread the cost over the years I'm going to use it... It really only costs about XXX. I just have to pay it all up front.

funcupl 10-31-2011 08:44 AM

I bought a Bernina...which is pricey also...but have never regretted it, or how wonderful my DH is for going along with my choice. They are both keepers!
Claudia

SandraD 10-31-2011 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
I use this one on my hubby all the time.....

When you spread the cost over the years I'm going to use it... It really only costs about XXX. I just have to pay it all up front.

I like this one!!

QuiltE 10-31-2011 09:00 AM

Of course, there's the "when mamma ain't happy, no one is happy" factor! A happy YOU ... makes life easier for him! :)

Hosta 10-31-2011 09:04 AM

you might be able to get a used one on Craigslist won't have a warranty but these machine rarely if ever have any problems I love my Janome. Some sewing machines shops also might have one that was traded in or a floor model as they are now bringing out the 7700 and are getting rid of the 6600's so you really might find a great deal. Also do you have a older machine you could use as a trade in?

Hosta 10-31-2011 09:04 AM

you might be able to get a used one on Craigslist won't have a warranty but these machine rarely if ever have any problems I love my Janome. Some sewing machines shops also might have one that was traded in or a floor model as they are now bringing out the 7700 and are getting rid of the 6600's so you really might find a great deal. Also do you have a older machine you could use as a trade in?

Hosta 10-31-2011 09:05 AM

sorry double post

SandraD 10-31-2011 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Hosta

I've looked on Craigs List - no luck there. My machine is not fixable, so no trade either. I'm wondering if I might find a deal at a quilt show. There's a big one coming up in the Twin Cities next week.