Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-weekend-has-begun-t231167.html)

Raggiemom 09-26-2013 03:16 PM

Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun!

While I realize it's only Thursday night here in the US, I wanted to make sure I included our overseas friends so I'm starting this thread a little early. I think I'm about to lose the internet for the night so...

Welcome to Virtual Quilt Weekend. Please come and go as is convenient for you over the course of the next 3 days. Let us know what you plan to work on and show us pictures of your progress. After I return from grocery shopping in the morning, my plan is to work on a couple twin quilt tops. I hope to have the tops complete by the end of the weekend. One is in progress already. They are Christmas presents and all presents must be ready to transport to NYS by October 16.

Hope we all accomplish a lot this weekend.

Heather

SewExtremeSeams 09-26-2013 03:45 PM

I will be joining. My ruffler gizmo just arrived in the mail so I will be learning how to use it and make little Christmas things with it at first. Then, I will be starting on some 18" doll skirts, DGDs' skirts and other things that need ruffles. Maybe the outside border of a few doll quilts. Just have to get my crockpot lasagna going and I will be starting to sew.... Can't wait!

luana 09-26-2013 03:57 PM

I will be working on the "Sample This" quilt tomorrow. Four of us started this quilt at the same time, and we sew almost every Friday at our local library.

Marcia_PA 09-26-2013 05:04 PM

I will be working on two large-ish lap quilts for my husband's brother and sister-in-law who will be celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary in early October. They need to be done by next Thursday. Machine quilting the second one on my Janome 6600 now (straight stitching only!), then binding both by machine. Hoping to be done with them by Sunday.

gramajo 09-26-2013 05:27 PM

I just found this thread, but I guess I've joined in. I started piecing a Blackhawks quilt for DD and SIL for Christmas this morning. I'll be able to get a little bit done before work tomorrow, maybe some Sat. and after work on Sun. I just moved and I'm hoping BIL or SIL will be able to come over Sat. to hang shelves, hooks for lights--in other words someone to drill and screw things in for me. Until that's done, I can't get much more unpacking done. So of course I have to quilt :D.

jmbaker3051 09-26-2013 05:42 PM

Hi there, this is my first time trying to post a reply...would love to join youns for the virtual quilting weekend. Got a good start today getting in the Christmas mood by making a Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer fabric book, I'll be working on a couple Christmas throws the rest of the weekend.

franc36 09-26-2013 05:48 PM

I'll be joining at noon tomorrow. I'll either work on piecing or doing some FMQ.i'm excited about quilting all weekend. Thanks for planning this event.

happylab 09-26-2013 05:54 PM

I will be going on a 2 day retreat. I plan to start a mystery quilt, make a small Halloween wall hanging, practice FMQ and finish 2-3 projects, then learn to make a few small projects. Not sure how many projects I will actually complete. I will sign in in a few days.

Tiggersmom 09-26-2013 05:56 PM

What a wonderful idea!

I will make me accountable to someone other than myself. Before I can start a project I have to finish cleaning up my room and load a couple of big sister/little sister quilts on my LA.......I've been putting them off and don't really have an excuse but I dreaded picking up my mess. After that, if I can, I need to make some table runners and placemats.

Off to get busy and thanks for the bee in my bonnet. :thumbup:

Belfrybat 09-26-2013 06:03 PM

I started tonight, not realising the virtual retreat had also started. Right now I'm working on a jelly roll race using odds and ends of batiks I had. At a recent quilting retreat, a person bought a Accuquilt cutter with a 2.5" template. I was able to cut the equivilent of about 5 batik jelly rolls. I"ll post a pic when I'm further along, but I'm sewing two batiks strips alternating with one black marble strip. Since these batiks are not colour coordinated like the jelly rolls you purchase, I thought using the black would make it more interesting. At least I hope so.

I've also cut out two other quilts I'm hoping to make. My aim is to have three flimsies completely pieced this weekend.