Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help with fabric for a Bargello quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-fabric-bargello-quilt-t46394.html)

tabsmonsters 05-19-2010 06:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all! I have decided to try the tutorial for a Bargello quilt that Barb_Mo made but I really need help with my fabrics. I am just not sure how to get that sort of fading look. I hope my pictures are ok, this is my first time doing this!

Thanks so much!

All strips together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69949[/ATTACH]

1-6
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69950[/ATTACH]

7-11
[ATTACH=CONFIG]69951[/ATTACH]

Rachel 05-19-2010 06:52 AM

I would try to put them in order from light to dark, then take a black and white photo. That should really help you make sure they're in the correct order for the fading you're looking for.

bj 05-19-2010 06:56 AM

I think it would look nice to put the yellows/tan together and fade light to dark, then put the blues together and fade light to dark. But I've never made one, so I could be totally off base. I like fabric choices. The yellow with the little white flowers is my favorite.

Pam 05-19-2010 07:15 AM

#10 is going to read really light, it has to be moved down. The same with #7. carefully lay all of your fabrics together on your scanner and make a b+w copy, THEN you can see the values.

mytwopals 05-19-2010 07:24 AM

Here's how I see them from darkest to lightest (blues to yellows):
11, 9, 8, 5, 2, 6, 3, 10, 4, 1, 7.

IrishNY 05-19-2010 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by mytwopals

I think I would agree. Is it possible to put them in this order and then take a picture to post so we could see it? (Don't you love this board? It's like having a thousand quilting buddies over to the house but you don't have to clean and you can invite them any time you're ready, even the middle of the night!) :-D :-D

ann clare 05-19-2010 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by IrishNY

I think I would agree. Is it possible to put them in this order and then take a picture to post so we could see it? (Don't you love this board? It's like having a thousand quilting buddies over to the house but you don't have to clean and you can invite them any time you're ready, even the middle of the night!) :-D :-D

Yes I love this board and fully agree with you.

tabsmonsters 05-19-2010 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)

I can do that! I am loving this site more and more! So many are willing to help, its great!

Suggested layout
[ATTACH=CONFIG]70265[/ATTACH]

quiltluvr 05-19-2010 04:22 PM

That's going to make one stunning quilt. Hurry and get started so we can see! :D

Barb_MO 05-19-2010 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by tabsmonsters

I can do that! I am loving this site more and more! So many are willing to help, its great!

May I make a suggestion? I think I would change to have pale yellow, darker yellow and then the two blue and yellow prints.