Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Bargaining Power (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bargaining-power-t57244.html)

Sunflower Girl 08-01-2010 04:49 AM

Stopped by WalMart while in Amarillo yesterday, and told husband I just needed a little bit to work on some purses next week. Well, after we got out of the store, he said, "I thought you said it was only going to be about $12?" (It was $30) I said, "I think you spend that much on beer for a week." That shut him up. About 10 minutes later, he agreed and apologized! See, you just have to know the right words to make them think!

trueimage 08-01-2010 04:50 AM

Touche!

cminor 08-01-2010 04:50 AM

Thats funny!! I made a deal with my husband that when I buy fabric - I also get him some fishing lures :) Worked like a charm. He is so happy to get his lures, he does not even notice my Walmart fabric! :)

deedum 08-01-2010 04:57 AM

My dH never says anything about what I spend on this hobby, but I know he got to think it!!! He did make a comment though when he walked through my sewing room a few weeks ago. He said "Well one thing about it, you can't get much more in this room". Sounded like a challenge to me!

Your right about the beer thing!

mygirl66 08-01-2010 04:58 AM

Everytime DH goes out a golf outting out of town, he feels bad because Im home alone without him (on a Sat. or Sun.), so he knows what makes me happy, and tells me to go hit the LQS! Im just lucky that way! My first DH(which I refer to as my pratice marriage) always had a HUGE FIT when I brought home fabric!

dsb38327 08-01-2010 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by cminor
Thats funny!! I made a deal with my husband that when I buy fabric - I also get him some fishing lures :) Worked like a charm. He is so happy to get his lures, he does not even notice my Walmart fabric! :)

I remember your telling us this in other posts too. I liked it then and I like it now. :lol: I think my husband could be dangerous in a fabric store. It is his habit to get two of everything and 3 if he thinks I will like it a lot. I have moved my sewing space into the sunroom where he spends his time with the remote and recliner. He feels more included in my quilting and shows interest from start to finish. He has never minimized my fabric, yarn and craft collections. His toys are far more expensive than mine and he is the first to know it!

CarrieAnne 08-01-2010 05:07 AM

LOL, I went to a Model T show yesterday with BF, walked around forever, asked questions, it was fun, but a total GUY thing. So we go into the resturauntand they had a really neat quilting book, so I made him buy it for me!

raptureready 08-01-2010 05:11 AM

Sometimes those DH allow their mouths to start up before engaging thier brains. Yesterday mine said, "You're so busy sewing that you're letting the things you're supposed to be doing (laundry) slide. You need to quit messing with that machine." I didn't say anything for a little while. When I was ready to leave to go do the grocery shopping I said, "It took a lot of nerve for you to say what you did about my sewing. The only things I've been working on are things for you, the grandchildren and great grandchildren---nothing for myself. I'm going grocery shopping now. While I'm gone perhaps you could do some work---on your attitude or even the laundry." He was better when I got back. He knows better than to tell me what my "job" is but sometimes he forgets. Bless his heart.

SuziC 08-01-2010 05:29 AM

That' so true! My hubby is an avid bow hunter so when the fall comes around, he buys his "toys" and i buy fabric. It works out really well!! :lol:

dkabasketlady 08-01-2010 05:43 AM

My DH's weakness is lottery tickets and mine is FABRIC, go figure!! It's a WIN WIN situation for both of us.