Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Daily Digest >

Daily Digest

Daily Digest

Old 11-15-2011, 05:00 PM

I agree with Jule Woods of Port Orange, Florida. I will not leave the board and will check every day, but today several topics are months old even though the info on the right says they were posted today. "Something is rotten in Denmark" or at least on the quilting board digest. froggyintexas
Old 11-16-2011, 07:44 AM

I'm having trouble too. I used to spend a couple of hours every morning on the board. Now it's about 30 minutes because it's just to much trouble to find your way around. Remember the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I think they should have let well enough alone. This is NOT an improvement.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine View Post
Everyday the same items are still in the digest. That's generally all I have time for and was used to seeing new items and photos each day. I have no idea if I've already read them and find it increasingly annoying when I've wasted time reading the same thing.
This new board has corrected a lot of stuff, but this is still a thorn.
MaryKatherine
I wonder the same thing about why the Daily digest topics don't change. The old digest let the most active topics have one day in the sun and then the next day a new batch of topics had that chance. It was a great way to start exploring the QB. But... as you wrote, they've fixed quite a few problems so far and i am hopeful that they will trim the thorns off this rose too as the days go by.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:57 PM

Yes, it is just not friendly anymore. It was easy to scroll down pictures, See what problems people had. An update on Lostn51,etc.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:14 PM

I have to agree with 3 cats. I'm tired of looking at the same pictures everyday. Is it that no one is posting any new ones, has everyone quit the board, or what has happened ? I look everyday to see what is new and it's always the same thing that I've seen for the past week or more. Nothing seems to be new. I've missed a lot of people that used to post pictures and comments almost daily. I don't have time to keep hunting for something that isn't there. I really enjoyed the old board and spent way too much time on it. This should be my oppurtunity to get more sewing done but I can't seem to get motivated to do that either. I think I'm in a rut and need some encouragement from other quilters but it sounds like everybody else is in the same boat.
Sorry but I don't like the new lay out. I wish you could just go back to the old one.

sassy granny
Old 11-16-2011, 07:26 PM

My entire day started out in this exact order...wake..let the furbabies outside...potty...grab a diet coke (my morning picker upper) get online, check my email for my quiltboard email, click on that email if I had it already... ( if not.. I would do my other emails first).. then do my quiltboard (for a couple hours) ..that is how my day started everyday. Now my mornings have much more free time...as I only spend at the most.. 15 minutes on here now. I use to look at all the beautiful work all these lovely people did and were rightfully proud to share with us all. I so miss this site and all the posts crafty had to share..ditters jokes...and comments/ideas/personal journey's etc.. from everyone.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:23 AM

Default It looks great once more!

Hey you all, don't give up hope! Did you see today's Daily Digest? Woooohoooo! It looks like the busy bees behind the scenes fixed the problems, 'cause today it is loaded with all new and interesting topics! I was so happy when I saw it... Thank you QB website fixers! (I'm technical jargon challenged)
Old 11-17-2011, 05:37 AM

This is the first time since the board switched over.. I hope it stays new daily. Sometimes we only have time to catch the most popular..or just a few threads... I hope it does stay with new ones daily..
Old 11-17-2011, 05:38 AM

Today is a better day on here. I actually enjoyed clicking and seeing all new topics. Thanks!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:17 AM

Well, if this is true, I will re-subscribe!