Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Daily Digest >

Daily Digest

Daily Digest

Old 11-12-2011, 07:17 AM

I agree with all of these replies. They could have made the old format "prettier" and left it simple to navigate. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I will miss all of you, but I'm leaving the Board. So, happy quilting to you all.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:59 AM

I hate it. I seldom read it anymore so I get lots of quilting done
Old 11-12-2011, 08:48 AM

Talking

Check out the 'What's New?' area, accessed from line just below 'Quilting Board'.

Also I noticed my digest now includes many more sections than when the changeover first occurred so keep looking!
Old 11-12-2011, 09:33 AM

I agree that this new format is hard to navigate. I am having trouble sorting through the listing to find the newest posts between the older already viewed post. A suggestion for improvement would be to list all the newest post for that day first followed by later posted entries so both the people who read everyday could easily find everything and those who don't read everyday can scroll though to later entries.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by brushandthimble View Post
All I seem to find are ones that are OLD, pages and pages of comments. Some coming up are over a year old, what gives? I too like to find the "most read" and "new topics"
The reason we only get comments on the OLD posts is because we're not seeing any new ones. I have had a little luck with clicking on "What's New" at the top of the page. Try it!

Sue
Old 11-12-2011, 02:41 PM

I'm sad to say that these are my thoughts as well. The QB is my outlet at lunch most days. While I'm by no means computer illerate, most of my alloted time is spent waiting on pics to download and those sometimes lock my system up, so I have to log back into the internet. Navigation is cumbersome, it's difficult to make logical sense of most of the procedures now and that ends up being frustrating. I will be checking back in from time to time to see if things have changed, but for now I'll have to find a good book to read instead of my enjoying time here.
Thanks for your help through my projects and I wish you all well.

Originally Posted by 3cats View Post
I am really very sad that someone decided to change the format to this newletter. It was so easy to use before. When I needed to release the stress of the day, I could sit and relax and read any or all articles that I wanted..
I do not usually complain about what goes on but I am truly very sorry this newletter has changed.

When I get the morning e-mail and click onto it, it immediately locks up my computer. From there it is down hill. I found what someone was saying in how to find "bookmarks" but do not even understand or see what they are talking about...

I know that you will not miss one person if they do not use this site anymore. But my beloved quilting newsletter is not "beloved" anymore... I learned so much on this site and got new ideas from many people, and I thank you for that in the past...

Now I do not have the time or energy to be hunting around for what I read previously or wish to bookmark. Maybe it will come but for someone who just likes to join in for a few mins, this is terribly cumbersome...

I hope others are happy and it is for the good of many, not the wishes of one. I am very sorry to find that this newsletter is not working for me at this time.

Julie Woods, Port Orange Florida.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:52 PM

How do you get today's new pictures of quilts? I don't understand how to do that. I get on every day to see the new pictures of quilts being posted but the quilts were posted on all different dates. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for the help
Old 11-12-2011, 03:06 PM

I agree! I click on What's New and as I scroll down the list I see topics that were started some months ago. And, I wish that we could have separate sections again for topics, like before, instead of scrolling down the list to find not only a current topic but one that we want to view, is a Main topic rather than Chit Chat. Because of this, I find I'm spending less time on here, too, as I find I'm on page 8 with a topic or two dated today and a bunch of old topics.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:19 PM

Oops!! Just read another thread that said to use the Archive button on the bottom of the page, then click on which ever topic you want to read. HOORAY!! Sooooooo much easier to read current threads now in the different topics.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:59 PM

Thanks for the info SueDor. I've subscribed to this thread as a test. I'm getting more comfortable with the new board as I just keep exploring. Lots to discover!