Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Daily Digest >

Daily Digest

Daily Digest

Old 11-13-2011, 06:13 AM
GG

it seems like the new broad is just the same day after day,I don't get much out of it now GG
Old 11-13-2011, 06:24 AM

This post was started 11/11/11. TODAY...11/13/11 another post of this topic was posted. Here is what I posted after 20 MORE minutes of navigating and restarting from my email because the board crashes.....

(Quote)It all is annoying. I use to wake up, grab my iPhone and read the list of hottest topics listed on the QB. Now my newsletter has the same topics or 90% old or OLD topics. HOWEVER I found the button at the top next to the Quilting Board Daily Digest heading. In a turquoise circle "Recent Topics". It's the first thing I click now when I open my news letter.

That being said. I found your new topic on my phone this morning. Pushed my back button to make sure when I posted this I had all the right details to tell you where to find the button...... Of course it sent me somewhere else this time. After 15 mins and moving to my BIG PC... I FINELY found your post again. And it was slow and I did have to click "refresh" an unbearable amount of times. (unlike the old board, where things moved fast and were easy to find)

Now I've been annoyed with it for many days, but afraid to say something. They seem to get annoyed themselves when we complain (or point out difficulties), so I was trying to be patient and work through it. Thank YOU for so graciously posting this annoying feature of the Quilt Board. (Unquote)

Now...I am a very patient person and I've sat back and watched the frustration on the new board. Today I experienced it and MAN.... NO FUN!!!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:24 AM

WOW WOW after 6 more crashes and 10 MORE minutes I found the post AGAIN.... I'm now editing what was turned into a double post because of the crashes... Don't know how... but WOW....

Last edited by SheriR; 11-13-2011 at 06:30 AM. Reason: to many quilt board crashes
Old 11-13-2011, 06:27 AM

I agree. When I log on I want to see the NEW topics not old ones that people are commenting on. If interested I can catch up with them after I read the new ones. It was my start to the day and I really miss it.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:42 AM

No, you aren't alone. I was so happy when I found this board 17 months ago. I enjoyed spending a couple of hours reading it everyday, I even dare to send replies, (my English writing is poor, I'm French speaking); I could use my new computer, the first one at 70 years old. Since they change the format, I feel like a novice quilter that can do a nine square block and is presented with a mariner's star if she wants to keep on quilting. Your engineers did a beautiful job for compuiers savvy members, but I'm pretty sure you left a lot of us behind, Maybe, I'll find the unsuscribe and use it one of these days, someone forgot that lots of your members learnt to write with a nibbed pen and a bottle of ink, trying to read the board went frm a pleasure to a chore.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:54 AM

I feel the same way and was thinking about posting something about this. If I wanted to continue reading the same posts day after day, I'd opt in to receive email updates (which I finally found that option). So if I see the same items under "busiest threads", I keep going because I don't want to have to scroll through 50+ pages to see what the latest comments are. Some of them I'd like to read but not going to search to where I left off.

Someone else posted about finding the daily digest link but I can't find it.

Bottom line....I used to spend about an hour or more going through all the things happening on this site. Now, I probably spend about 10-15 minutes at the most trying to see what's happening.

I really love this site so will stick with it but it's not a big deal to me anymore. I hope these bugs get worked out.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by mythreesuns View Post
I click the link in my email for the board daily. It comes up with all the most popular thread in each section. All week the same most popular threads are listed. Why is that? I can use either todays email or Mondays email and get all the same most popular threads. I guess I see no reason for a daily e-mail, if the most popular threads are the same all week long. The old board...the daily most popular changed daily. I now find my self not on here near as much as I use to be..and search other areas for answers more now.

So am I the only one that has that issue with the email being the same link all week long???
When you open up the email and get to the quilting board daily, scroll way down to the bottom of the page and click on the word "archive" and it will be somewhat like the old board. I have to use this option all the time because I have the same problem as you.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:14 AM

I agee. I liked being able to find all the new topics on the first page. It saved a lot of time and I was sure I never missed any information. I'm sure it will get better - I just hope it is soon.

Originally Posted by mythreesuns View Post
I click the link in my email for the board daily. It comes up with all the most popular thread in each section. All week the same most popular threads are listed. Why is that? I can use either todays email or Mondays email and get all the same most popular threads. I guess I see no reason for a daily e-mail, if the most popular threads are the same all week long. The old board...the daily most popular changed daily. I now find my self not on here near as much as I use to be..and search other areas for answers more now.

So am I the only one that has that issue with the email being the same link all week long???
Old 11-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Banned

I was going to post on this same topic....I get the newsletter/digest thing each morning and lately it is the SAME every day..like nothing NEW is ever being posted! Miss the old way...
Old 11-13-2011, 08:20 AM

you could always check the time-stamp on the most recent post in a thread ...