Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Daily Digest >

Daily Digest

Daily Digest

Old 11-13-2011, 08:20 AM

Ditto. I'm finding it less attractive to go to every day when I can't hit just what's new. I know how to subscribe to a thread to keep up to date, but do not like having to wade through ones I've already read but have no further interest in. Will this change?
Old 11-13-2011, 08:24 AM

I don't get the e-mail, I just come straight here to the board and click on What's New ... works the way it's supposed to!
Old 11-13-2011, 08:25 AM

Sorry if this is a duplicate post; my IE dropped it from my screen. I too do not enjoy having to wade through looking for new posts. I know how to subscribe to those of interest to me, and also want to be able to check out what is new. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:38 AM

You are not alone, I was wondering the same thing also...
Old 11-13-2011, 08:59 AM

You are not alone, I was wondering the same thing also...now, for the last two posts I've tried to do it keeps telling me it's a duplicate post...I'm really getting tired of this whole "new and improved" system
Old 11-13-2011, 09:09 AM
Power Poster

I don't get emails. don't want them. i just get in here daily. took me 3 hours this morning to get in though and it takes several tries to get into postings. frustrating!!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Amythyst02 View Post
I did the same thing!
Me three... I was wondering if it was just me . On the daily emails I get I keep seeing the same things again and again. And I know its not because I posted to them . I think I have only posted to a few in the past week. Maybe its because they are the ones showing up and the most posts are being made to those? Don't know
Old 11-13-2011, 09:43 AM

I agree with all that has been said. I also miss where you provide feedback and then can choose to follow or not follow the thread. I don't see that as a choice any longer so I nolonger get the email telling me there has been a post to the thread I commented on. On some, asking a question gets a reply. Now, I guess if I ask a question I will have to search back over numerous thread if I remember. Oh well, I guess I need to get back to quilting rather than reading about quilting.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:40 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Originally Posted by damaquilts View Post
Me three... I was wondering if it was just me . On the daily emails I get I keep seeing the same things again and again. And I know its not because I posted to them . I think I have only posted to a few in the past week. Maybe its because they are the ones showing up and the most posts are being made to those? Don't know
Originally Posted by Murphy1 View Post
I agree with all that has been said. I also miss where you provide feedback and then can choose to follow or not follow the thread. I don't see that as a choice any longer so I nolonger get the email telling me there has been a post to the thread I commented on. On some, asking a question gets a reply. Now, I guess if I ask a question I will have to search back over numerous thread if I remember. Oh well, I guess I need to get back to quilting rather than reading about quilting.
The digest you get in the email lists the threads with the most posts (replies). To see the newest ones, go to the board, click on home. Now click on the forum that you want to view. Go way down to the bottom of the page, change "thread display options" to "thread start time". Click on the blue "show threads" button. Now the threads show in order, newest started first.

If you reply to a thread and want to know when some else posts to that thread! Click on "thread tools" on the Beigy bar at the top of the posts. Subscribe to the thread. Choose how you want to be notified of new posts.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:06 PM

I can't tell you why but that has been one of my beefs. When I check each day, I like to see only the posts of the day.