Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Is it me or are threads repeated? >

Is it me or are threads repeated?

Is it me or are threads repeated?

Old 04-11-2012, 09:11 AM

I noticed after the last maintenance that the things you've read don't stay marked as read. I've also noticed people start threads about the same general things over and over. A lot of that is because they're new here.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
I noticed after the last maintenance that the things you've read don't stay marked as read. I've also noticed people start threads about the same general things over and over. A lot of that is because they're new here.

And too .. there's often the same subject started one after the other ... same discussion, different thread!

Eg. how many threads about HSTs and how to make them were there on the weekend?

My point of entry to the threads is via the Archive (scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on Archive). I see it once and read it .... if I want to follow it I can either respond or subscribe (with no response), and I'll get and email when the next new post is made.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:42 PM

I wish we could go back to the old way at least for this one item, The repeats drive me crazy
Old 04-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cmilton View Post
I wish we could go back to the old way at least for this one item, The repeats drive me crazy
No need to stress out on this ... If you read my post, I have given you a way to resolve the problem
Old 04-13-2012, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Nolee View Post
Some days I realize I am losing my mind but I have more of those "day sha voo" (yes, I know it's spelled wrong) days on this forum than anywhere else. On the old board, each day brought new threads. On this one, am I crazy or are they repeated? I KNOW I read that one yesterday, but I swear, here it is again. Do I have any sisters and brothers out there?
Yes, I have noticed that too, and don't care for it, seems like a time waster to me. Think I prefer the old way although I hadn't been subscribed for very long when they changed over tothis format.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:55 AM
Administrator

The very easy way to see which threads were created most recently is to use the Archive link at the bottom of every page. In addition to the Archive:

1. Threads are listed in the "regular" indexes exactly the same way they were in the old format. They are in reverse order starting with those with the newest comments.
2. New comments to existing threads have as much value as new threads that don't yet have additional comments. Somebody took the time to read those threads and to add their thoughts. To dismiss them as irrelevant or to assume they will be of no interest is .... well .... it's just not very friendly, respectful or supportive of your fellow members.

I agree that it is very convenient to have a way to first check those threads that we haven't yet seen at all. Unfortunately the "Unread Threads" function and the "View First Unread [Comment]" do not work well when both are activated at the same time. Until the techs can figure out how to force them to function together correctly we will stick with the more important "View First Unread."