Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Picture issues >

Picture issues

Picture issues

Old 11-04-2011, 03:29 PM

I have to post to this thread, so I can keep looking for an answer, because I just went to the gallery and got the red X. I am hoping for a fix, or a way that we can open them ourselves. And I don't have dial up, so it has nothing to do with my internet speed.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:30 PM

Do you see a "paperclip" along side the title of the post? If so, click that, then another box pops up, then click the file name in that box, the picture then should pop up.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:33 PM

Wellllll..... learn something new everyday! I never realized our attachments were "attached" to our account. I haven't posted nearly as much as some folks, so I guess still have room! lol Thanks for the info.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:44 PM

Default posting pictures

I read how to download pictures.. nowwhere can I find a browse button...tried to send pictures 3 times now can fid no way to do so.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:47 PM

When you post, use Go Advanced. Under where you type your message, way down the page, you'll find Manage Attachments. You can post pics from your computer, which is where the Browse button is. You can only post one at a time (as far as I can tell). All of the pics on my computer turned out to be too big, so I picked up Easy Thumbnails, a free program that works with Windows, and converted all of my quilt pics to thumbnails, and now I can post!

Hope this helps.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by leakus View Post
Pictures that I posted before won't upload now. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
The sizes of pictures and attachments is limited on this Board.
Attachment Key
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Filetype[/TD]
[TD]Max Filesize[/TD]
[TD]Max Width[/TD]
[TD]Max Height[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]bmp
[/TD]
[TD]1.91 MB[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]doc
[/TD]
[TD]5.72 MB[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]gif
[/TD]
[TD]1.91 MB[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]jpe
[/TD]
[TD]1.91 MB[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]jpeg
[/TD]
[TD]1.91 MB[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]jpg
[/TD]
[TD]1.91 MB[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]pdf
[/TD]
[TD]5.72 MB[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]png
[/TD]
[TD]1.91 MB[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[TD]-[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 11-05-2011, 07:00 AM

Default How to post more than one pic?

I figured out how to post a pic, but could only figure out how to post one. I can I do more than one.

Also, where is the help area I found the first day? I clicked on what I needed help with, then it showed me exactly where to click and in what order. Maybe I will find it before this is answered!!

Thanks.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:57 AM

Default Copying pictures

Sometimes I am able to download a picture of a quilt that strikes me as special in some way, but more often I am getting "can't be downloaded" messages. On those the final "g" of .jpeg is missing! Is there a new ability to let or not let one's photo be downloaded? Is doing this a violation of some rule?

I've gone thru all the 7 pages (so far) of these "help" threads and have not seen the problem of not being able to copy photos that I want to keep. Am I the only person who likes to copy pics of quilts that are posted? I have no intention of making exactly THAT quilt, but often like a block shape, or color combinations, or, in the case of landscape or art quilts I just like to look at them (and yes, I study the details of all the quilts and learn a lot that way also!). Frankly, I couldn't touch what most of the quilters on this board do!!!

Also, I have 7 grandchildren ages 7 to 15 (5 girls and 2 boys) who have some level of interest in quilting. I share some of the very pretty but simpler pics with them to inspire. Four have made quilts with me, one started with me but took off on her own. They love looking at what others have done; it helps them decide what they want to do.

Why is there no "g" on jpeg?
Old 11-05-2011, 12:14 PM

In order to open any file, your computer needs to know what program you want it to open with. What your statement is telling me is that you don't have a file association set to open a .jpe file. Please post what your operating system is (example, Windows XP, Windows 7, Vista, etc.), and I'll be able to show you how to easily set up that file association.
Old 11-05-2011, 12:20 PM

I do the same thing..I love to use them as my screen savers for the ultimate dream saver. =) I hope thats not a feature thats gone with the wind...