Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Picture issues >

Picture issues

Picture issues

Old 11-04-2011, 05:28 AM

Thanks, Sadiemae and ghostrider for your information. I tested a photo post to the 'Test Your Pictures Here' thread in the Pictures section. It was a .jpg file 54kb. It came up fairly large so I suppose keeping the picture files small helps and it uploaded to the Board quickly.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:34 AM

Default no photos in the gallery

I used to go to the gallery often just to look at all the lovely quilts. Now, all I get there is a red X but when I click on it, it won't bring up the quilt. Perhaps it's just my computer. I am so dissapointed.

I was so comfortable with the old board, and wonder why "the powers that be" thought it necessary to make such drastic changes. So frustrating.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:50 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

you are not alone viewing red x's. a bug that will work out I hope
Old 11-04-2011, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

I also have only the red x's in the gallery, but I see pictures on most other threads. Hopefully it's a problem that can and will be fixed.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:52 AM

I know what you mean - there is an attachment section that shows all the attachments you have done ie pictures from prior classifieds on old system - do we delete those or will they delete if we delete the ad (of course I dont know how to do this either lol) HELP!!!!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:54 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed in new site. I am as well. I attempted to pop into live chat this morning. You wouldn't believe how irritating it is to be reading a post and 1/2 way through it, have the site automatically scroll up to ~4 minutes previous in the conversation. Every time a new post is added, the 'live chat' becomes...look what was written/posted minutes ago! What a pain in the tuccus!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:56 AM

I am having the same problem with getting a red X and when I click on it, it won't bring up the pictures on my computer either. Is there a setting or something I have to change?

Thanks for any help you can give me but in the meantime, I am plugging along trying to find where things are located and, remembering WHERE I saw them Think I just might have to resort to the old fashioned way of using a pencil and paper to write the information found down LOL!
Old 11-04-2011, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by emsgranny View Post
I know what you mean - there is an attachment section that shows all the attachments you have done ie pictures from prior classifieds on old system - do we delete those or will they delete if we delete the ad (of course I dont know how to do this either lol) HELP!!!!
Once uploaded, they do not delete even if the thread is deleted. Photos I posted during the testing period are still in my attachment section, but all the testing threads are gone for obvious reasons. I don't believe you can delete the ad either, just edit. Read the Terms of Service, the section on Content.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:11 AM

Add me to the list. I THINK the problem is due to the size of the photo I tried to upload. I see that there is a limit of 1.91 megabites and most of mine are over that. At this point I do not know how to reduce the mb's. That was not a problem before the change.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:13 AM

I also am getting only red X's. And I thought it was only me....sure glad this thread was started so that I know we are all in the same RED boat!