Pinterest?

Old 04-02-2016, 03:05 PM

Default Pinterest?

Howdy y'all ☺

I'm just wondering...is it permissible to save threads from here on Pinterest? If so...is there an easy way to do this? There's no Pinterest button on the board that I can see on my cell phone. Thanks! 😃

Donna
Old 04-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

I have downloaded a button from Pinterest that sits on my toolbar on my laptop. When I see a page I want to pin, I can just click on that button and it shows me all the images that are available to 'pin' on the page I am looking at. It makes it real easy.

Don't ask me how to find that download on Pinterest... it's been too long! I'm sure if you poke around you will find it.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

I would think that you would need to first ask the person who's quilt is posted here for permission to see if they would want their quilts posted on Pinterest. I certainly want to only share with others here what I have made.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I would think that you would need to first ask the person who's quilt is posted here for permission to see if they would want their quilts posted on Pinterest. I certainly want to only share with others here what I have made.
Thanks for the responses so far. I should have clarified in my question that the ones I want to save are my original postings and advice I got on my questions. I will be working this month on getting moved into our new location, and wanted to save all of the advice I get on setting up my new she-shed/sewing room in one central location so I can refer to it when the time comes. I would never dream of posting someone else's pics without permission!

Donna
Old 04-03-2016, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
good luck with that. Once a pic is posted...it is available for anyone to post it anywhere. There are plenty of pics posted from this Board and others...on Pinterest. Including some of mine! . No need to get "permission".

Sandy
Old 04-03-2016, 04:32 AM
Administrator

we don't provide an easy way to post to pinterest.
i hope we never do.
i also hope that Person A would have the decency to ask Person B for permission to pin.

i can't see any reason, however, that a QB member should not feel free to pin her/his own posts.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:24 AM

I dont understand pinterest at all! Dd has me getting regular posts from there listing things " might like"----so when i have not deleted and ventured there, seeing something interesting and wanting more info on it...sometimes its just a flicker pic..,whatever that is, or site no longer available..or garbage....but all these things are from other peoples collections...at least it appears that way. So my thinking is if she saves to pinterest everyone has access. Here, if i see something i may want to keep, i email it to myself...go to my laptop ( read on ipad) and print and file...and delete email..old fashioned, i know, but works for me
Old 04-03-2016, 05:53 AM
Power Poster

I agree with Sandygirl... once you post a picture online it becomes public property. There is just no way you can control where it may go.

I have never had anyone ask me to repost my pins or to post one of my images from QB or anywhere else. And if I were to have asked permission to pin all of my thousands of pins, it would have involved WAY too much time and energy.

It's just information...
Old 04-03-2016, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I agree ... once you post a picture online it becomes public property. There is just no way you can control where it may go.
it does not automatically become public property. copyrights still apply.

unfortunately, though, it is true that honest people have always found it either difficult or impossible to control those with no values or conscience of their own.