PM issues

Old 11-03-2011, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Lisanne View Post
I got not one, but FOUR, emails saying my inbox here at this quilting board is full. I suspect this is one of those things needing some tweaking because I am quite sure most of those PMs had been previously deleted. I'm guessing they never really died and got resurrected when the board got transferred here.

So how do I delete hundreds of PMs? I saw the Edit link, but that only lets you clear the entire inbox (or sent box). You can't select which ones to delete (and keep others). I can view a list of the PMs and select them, but there's no Delete button on the list pages.

I am not going to open every single PM and scroll to the bottom just so I can delete it!

Admin, or Patrice, if you read this, I basically just want to keep the few from the past month and delete the rest.

Isn't anyone else having this problem? I wiould think most of you would have far more PMs than I do.
I seem to be having the same problem. I even tryed to delete all of them & they're still there. Also,ones I had deleted on old board are back. I, for one, need a detailed cheat sheet on how to do all these things.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:14 PM

Thanks MzMKee. I wish I had found this before I did a mass delete!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:05 PM

Angry How do I "clean house"?

New set-up's first visit! Last week I had less than 3 pages of personal messages in my Inbox and now I have 11! How do I SELECTIVELY delete old messages AGAIN, that I had dumped in the past! I do NOT want to dump everything!
(I see the boxes to select messages, but do not see where to "delete selected messages".)
HELP!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:11 PM

Use the blue box at the bottom that says selected messages, click it then delete x

(Don't forget sent messages too as you are allowed 500 in total)
Old 11-03-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by MzMcKee View Post
Lisa. I didn't have a full PM box but thought it was wise to get rid of old notes anyways. You can delete a screen page/list of PM in mass and still keep the ones you want. Open your PMs, to the far right on the same line as the INBOX you'll see a small box with a count of the PMs listed on the page. If you click in this box it will select all those listed. You can then go and click on the little box for each PM you want to keep and it will remove the check mark and not delete that PM. Now that your ready to actually delete, scroll down the page until you see a blue box that says "Selected Message", it's on the right also. There is a small down arrow in that box, click the down arrow and it will drop a menu of options:things you can do with your selected messages. One of the options is delete. Click and they are gone. Hope that helps! Mona
THANK YOU, Mona, that's exactly the answer I was looking for. I didn't realize "Selected Messages" was a dropdown menu. Not exactly intuitive, is it?

I'm not disagreeing about deleting old notes. I HAD deleted them long before the move. They reappeared after the move. I'll go delete them when I finish this post.

Note to administrator or moderator: Usually when a post is moved to another thread, the mover PMs the poster to let them know. This wasn't done in this case. I had to really hunt to find my post. I do hope moving without informing will NOT be a feature of this new board.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:47 PM

Default can't get/receive anything.

Why am I not able to get or receive pm's?? I have been trying for 2 days now. When I try to send a pm, it says that my box is full and I cannot send any pm's. I can't receive any either. Can someone help me?

Bonnie
Old 11-03-2011, 09:58 PM

Your box is FULL. You need to go to profile and your PM and delete some of them. We are only allowed 500 and you must have reached your limit. Good luck
Old 11-03-2011, 10:22 PM
MTS
Banned

If you want to save your PM's before deleting them permanently from your Inbox/Outbox, you can download them to your computer first.

Give it a moment to load - for some reason, the link to this page hangs a bit before fully connecting.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/resourc...ivate messages

Last edited by MTS; 11-03-2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: correct link
Old 11-04-2011, 09:43 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

I couldn't find a way to delete blocks of messages, just individual messages... or all of them.

Since I had 1300 messages (yes I am a packrat) I deleted them all.

After downloading them to my computer so I can refer to them if I need to.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:31 AM

Make sure your inbox and sent messages are cleared out...i wiped out one, and didn't realize the other was full also.